“Raater tara Diner rabi, a delightful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House

Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House
Ranked #2 of 25 Santiniketan B&B and Inns
“Raater tara Diner rabi, a delightful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Its a guesthouse rather than ahotel, well maintained, well furnished and strategically located away fromm rush of the market area. Its landscape is one of the best I have ever seen, specially in the winter with so much colourful flowers. Although rooms could be a bit larger, but those are furnished with all modern amenities.Food is excellent specially for those who wish to taste classical bengali foods.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the garden and balcony (sitting area) in the first floor. Backside rooms are new...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We had been there during last week of December 2013 at the time Poushmela at stayed there for 3 days. We booked 3 rooms. All rooms were not good. Ground floor rooms should be avoided. The best rooms are on the 1st floor facing the garden.However the food was excellent and sumptuous particularly if you are a Bengali. The staffs were all very nice and helpful. Some times the service is slow when the guest house is packed.The beautiful flower garden in front and kitchen gardedn at the back side is a great plus point for this guest house. Overall an enjoyable stay

Room Tip: Go for the 1st floor roooms facing garden
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
KOL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Well please make sure about food...and accessbility of the property.....should have more staff and a better wifi....if the management is charging for that... hospitable staff....but lacks basic ameneties.....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

B B, Owner at Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
We are having 11 rooms, all rooms are with ac, attached western toilets with required fittings, CTV in each room with cable connection, we provide good linen with required mattresses and pillows like regular hotels, during winter geyser connection also provided, everyday we clean rooms and toilets if not otherwise instructed by the guest as some guests does not like to open their room in their absence. We are not having room services as foods we generally distributed in our well decorated dining hall and we don't allow drinking alcohol either in open area or in dining hall as we don't have liquor licence. We don't understand beside above what else basic amenities are required by our guests. We know as we don't allow drink outside the rooms, it creates dissatisfaction among few of our guests where we are totally undone as policy and we may be excused for that. We provide free WiFi connection through BSNL and seldom we faced problem not having link, where we can't do any help to our guests. Regarding food, we provide only Bengali Cuisine, which is well publicised and we always advice our guests that if they prefer otherwise, they may drop the plan to stay at our guest house. Lastly, our guest house is situated on the main road and it is well accessible to other areas and very near to Prantik Railway Station and Santiniketan main compound. We feel, somewhere some thing happened that's why our esteem guest opined otherwise, we always believe " Athithi devo bhavo".
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I wrote an e-mail asking for packages and availability for the month of April. The reply was prompt and sufficient. After going through the rates, I decided on which package to go for. When I contacted them for exact charge to be deposited in advance, I didn't get any reply. On sending reminder, I received a number as a reply on which I was supposed to call. I calculated on my own and deposited the full booking amount in their bank account. This is where they blew my mind out.

Just after making the payment I receive a payment from Bbanerjee that thwy are no able to understand the amount break-up. I called on the number given in the email and had a discussion with the person (dont know the name but he was not BBanerjee). I was told that I had paid ~200 bucks less. I told the guy that I will pay the remaining amount when I visit the place and he amicably agreed. I wait for 24 hours and do not get the stay voucher. I email them again asking for the voucher and the reply I get is "Where is the reply to my earlier email ?"

Apparently the person with whom I had earlier had a discussion has not informed the owner or manager, whoever he is that I will be paying the balance on my visit. Is this how you treat a customer ?

I mean first of all this is not a 5 start property that there are 500 employees working. If the owner can't manage communicating with 3-4 workers, its a shame.

I got infuriated and called on that number again. The same guy picked up and gave the phone to the manager who started arguing and tells me that since we were exchanging emails so I should have replied on email itself and that I should not have called (and it was he only who gave me that number).

This guy is so pathetic that he doesn't even knpow what hospitality is.

Watch out !!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank abhishekbhadra
On 6 March 2014 we received his mail for booking in April and accordingly we provide all information as our system is so clear that all our valued customers may understand the process of booking and cost involvement from our attachments in reply mail. Without going through our attachments, he again asked to get some clarification in his mail, which we complied with and requested him to contact our office over phone to know whether a particular room is available or not but without any confirmation from our end he transferred a wrong amount in our account, which was created a problem to us and requested him to send us quick mail stating the break up of his remittance but without sending us a mail he talked to our booking office, who also requested him to send a mail in confirmation of our earlier mail. Suddenly he became furious and told us to cancel his booking which simply we complied with without entering into any controversy. We transferred the total amount after creating him as our beneficiary in our account but during the process he continuously after us for the transfer as every one knows that for on line transfer min 48 hours is required. By the process all together 35 email correspondences have taken place. Without email confirmation regarding remittance, we don't book any room in favour of any one. We are sorry that we can't violet our system to oblige any one.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was here this Basanto Utsav with my family.We were 6adults.The food is excellent. Don't know otherwise but food in our package for 2nights and 3days were great.Typical bengali food not oily at all hence feels like home.The staffs are polite and helpful..Beautiful garden lot of greens all over .
Worth staying !

Best room is no 4 in the first floor ,which is close to the open balcony.

Room Tip: Room no 4.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

RTDR is a place where you will feel that you are paying extra.
15× 10 room is 4BR @ Rs 3200 per night with AC. Mosquitoes for free.
Egg Curry n roti costs Rs 165/-.
Chicken Curry (2pcs)n roti costs Rs 225/-.
Country Chkn (2pcs) n roti costs Rs 325/-.
Chicken Pakora in size of nuggets, 8 pcs @ Rs 150/-.
Onion pakodas 6 pcs @ Rs 80/-.
if you feel the food is inadequate no second order possible. Asper hotel norms you have to sleep with hunger.
Rooms are clean. Service people speaks more of hotel rules than serving. They say free WIFI with 0.2kbps speed. Even you cant open google.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
B B, Owner at Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Our 4 bed room having two queen cots having all facilities like CTV, attached toilets with geyser, room size 17ft x13ft, same decoration as we have made in other rooms, cane furniture for sitting, anti mosquito oil with machine to drive out the mosquitoes. Our guest house surrounded by plants and trees and we take precaution to drive out insect and mosquitoes beside on request mosquito nets are also provided.
We supply Veg meal, egg meal, fish meal, chicken and mutton meals as per order, which consists of Roti/Rice, one fry, Dal, one Vegetable item for non veg meal, two kind of vegetable items for veg meal, 2pcs fish with curry/2pcs eggs with curry/2 big pcs of chicken (150gms), one egg, one big piece of potato with curry or 3pcs mutton (150gms) with big size potato with curry, chatni with papad fry, curd during lunch or sweet during dinner as per order placed by the guests. We supply adequate quantity of items beside fish or chicken or mutton items and question of sleeping with empty belly does not arise moreover our guests seldom tell us not to supply so much of items either in lunch or diner. We don't have menu such as egg curry rice or fish curry rice or chicken curry rice as alleged by the guest. We provide pakodas either 10 pcs or 12 pcs depending upon the order by the guest. Only egg pakodas, we supply 8 pcs cutting two eggs.
Our WiFi works under BSNL and speed is quite good only problem we face that their service is very erratic.
In the captioned review, knowingly or unknowingly the guest referred some items, which as per us not according to our services and we provide all information reg our guest house before booking(services available and our limitations) to everyone.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I went to Shantiniketan on 17th Jan 2014 for 2 days with my family. The group was comprising 2 sr citizens (my mom & mother in law), 2 adults (myself & my wife) & my son of 5 years.

Honestly I never expect such beautiful ambiance & such nice service. The cleanness is really mind blowing & stuffs are very caring. In true sense Home away from Home.

I blindly recommend this hotel.

Regards,
Debsankar

Room Tip: Nice clean room & fabulous atmosphere.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Debsankar S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiniketan
Masara Beach Resort
#16 of 25 in Santiniketan
Muktadhara Guest House
Muktadhara Guest House
#21 of 25 in Santiniketan

Been to Rater Tara Diner Rabi Guest House? Share your experiences!