My family and I spent a few days at the Dalmahoy.
The setting is stunning and the grounds are well kept. We are not golfers so can not comment on the golf grounds.
Ponies and sheep in the fields as you drive up to the manor made me feel that this hotel would be special.
The hotel is has two parts, the old original manor and the new 'complex' of rooms.
If you have been reading other peoples reviews you will have noted that to get to your room in the 'new block' is like, well, what I imagine it was like to run around the crystal maze!
It seemed to make no logical sense but don't let that put you off.
The main manor is dreamy, I wish we could have been in this part.
If I was the grounds keeper I would be tempted to grow some Ivy and Wisteria to cover up the 'new complex'. It looked too new for my liking and in my opinion it would look better if hidden with some foliage.
The young lady on the front desk was A*! We have been to many marriotts, even got married in one and this young lady was by far the most pleasant, helpful and inviting member of staff we have met.
Dalmahoy take note, you have a budding star there!!
Zest: hummm, not up to standard!
We prefer to eat in the marriotts 'Zest's' as we have young son and it is less formal but still feels and has a high standard.
Meals were incorrect, no apology made when it was mentioned. The food however was lovely, service let it down. I believe we were just unluckily 2 out of 3 meals.
The breakfast was lovely and had a wonderful choice. The staff were just right, not too much or too little.
Well done to all the staff on that! You have found that perfect balance!
On the whole I loved the hotel and it's staff and would happily come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland