Revisited Dalmahoy for a weekend break and after 10 years not much had changed.
The rooms were clean and tidy but lack of free Wi-fi other than public areas was poor for a top hotel. However Sky Sports on TV was a bonus.
Breakfasts were okay with good choice although the usual buffet scrambled egg was tasteless.
The Spa changing room had been updated since last visit but the rest of facilities were dated and in need of upgrade. The jacuzzi didn't work both days of visit and I've had a warmer suana in my living room.
The staff were all very helpful and I couldn't fault the cleanliness of the hotel and the well kept surroundings.
If they offered free Wifi and spent a bit of money upgrading the spa facilities then I wold have no problem in returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland