On arriving at this beautiful hotel, we had a hicup with the room, booked for one night but we had booked two, fortunatly the room was free on the Sunday so that was a disaster avoided. We all decided to go to the Zest resturant which is located within the country club area along with the James Baird Bar. We were told we would have to wait for a table and so we went to the bar. Staff were friendly and we had just got our drinks when they came to tell us a table was avaliable. We were seated under a ventilation shaft wich was blowing cool air , when askedto turn it off they did but only for 5mins. When the food eventually arrived the bride the to be and myself had ordered Mexican chicken burger which came without the quacamolie and the salsa, when it eventually did arrive it was obviously from a well known jar widely available in supermarkets. The chips were the frozen variety and just warm. I must say ..the chicken was perfect.
The salt and pepper squid was also off the frozen variety and could easily had another job as an elastic band...the gnocchi could have been used as the pellets. .
The stag party could've used them at the pigeon shoot.lol..All in all not good value....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland