Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
US$109
Agoda.com
PremierInn.com
1,913 results
All reviewsgolf coursecocktail barpentland restaurantplay golfbeautiful hotelleisure clubmain restaurantpark and rideafternoon tealong weekendthe main housepublic areasleisure facilitieschanging roomstwo double bedsbeautiful groundsbirthday treat
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here when we attended the recent rugby at Murrayfield, Scotland v England. The result was a big disappointment but our stay at The Dalmahoy more than made made up for it. We were made to feel very welcome and found all the staff in reception and concierge very friendly and most helpful. Our room was bright and comfortable. We dined in The Zest restaurant and enjoyed the meal very much. Breakfast was excellent, lovely porridge followed by a delicious selection from the buffet. I really enjoyed the smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and the haggis. The staff in both Zest and breakfast dining room were really nice and attentive but not intrusive.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scottishbluebell_11
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stay here quite regularly for business trips to the west side of Edinburgh. The hotel is well situated for that area and for the airport. It would also make a great location for a weekend getaway, given its rural location. The leisure facilities make it a stand-out for me in Edinburgh. The gym and spa are big enough to be a non-resident destination in their own right, and the golf course looks inviting (I should be so lucky). Breakfast is on the Marriott's usual, vast scale, and served in a nice restaurant. The Leisure Club restaurant is fairly inpersonal, and doesn't serve many especially healthy options. The bar is a cosey spot for a drink, and has a good atmosphere. This is the first hotel on my list when I'm in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: If you can... get one in the old building. But I think they're highly fought over.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gareth J
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stay there often and have chosen to use the marriott here as the first hotel i choose....simply because they seem to have taken on board comments and are far more friendly and helpful. IT has improved so much lately as far as front desk....so they do listen! The sports area has been upgraded and now my husband loves it and thinks its the place to stay when we are in Edinburgh at least once a month!
The bistro is fine! We have eaten there quite a lot as my teenage son is hungry after fine dining! However breakfast is to die for! The best !I noted that the wonderful smoked salmon wasnt on offer at the weekend when extremely busy! But you cant complain..I wanted to review this again as we have stayed at another marriott country club sort of expecting similar standard and HATED it ! shocked ...although both rated the same??
So yes we will be back often and the whole family loves it! .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank essySpeyside
Tom G, Director of Operations at Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hi essySpeyside

Thanks so much for taking the time to acknowledge the improvements you, and your family, have witnessed here at Dalmahoy. We have put a great deal of effort into raising our game with regards to both the physical product and our service levels on property; it is great to hear that this has had the positive impact we were hoping for.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dalmahoy sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Was sent here as our original hotel double booked us. Glad we came. Our room was spotless. We used the leisure facilities and the bar. The breakfast was without doubt the best we have had in any hotel. The staff, and there appeared to be many of them, were excellent they couldn't do enough for us. Extremely friendly and welcoming. Will we return? Yes of course only next time we will stay a bit longer.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weewills
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Dalmahoy. I haven't been called Sir or received so many welcome Mr's in my entire life. So I would say first and foremost the service was impeccable! You arrive at what appears to be a very old British manor house so it's quite charming. Quickly one realizes that you're not in a typical US hotel as you have to travel down a long hall with a couple of different sets of stairs to get to the rooms. Once there you feel quite isolated but it's very quiet. The only issue is that you have to travel quite a distance to get back to the lobby or go to the alternate dining facility which is in the sports club portion of the club. I was quite surprized to see that the indoor pool/sports club was populated by local families. Nothing wrong with this just a surprise. The buffet breakfast included in my room rate was quite extensive and good again with EXCELLANT service. Just a word about the golf. I played and it was a grand Scottish course, but the weather was awful but the views coming in on 9 and 18 were beautiful! Again the service was fantastic. Highly reccomend this hotel if in the area but be prepared you will have to dine at the hotel or be prepared to take a somewhat lengthly journey to dine elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business