“Lovely place to stay. Very well equipped! ”

Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirknewton
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to stay. Very well equipped! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 2 nights snd I have to say I was very impressed! Although the hotel is a bit out in the sticks it has many facilities & would be ideal for a romantic break or anybody looking for some peace & quiet! Theres an impressive driving range as well as pool, gym & spa facilities. The room I stayed in was well appointed with trouser press, flat screen tv, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, fridge, tea & coffee facilities & some lovely aromatherapy toiletries & soft towels in the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable indeed although I found the pillows a little too soft for my personal preference. The only negative about the room itself is that although in keeping with the theme of the hotel, the decor & furniture did feel a bit dated. The pentland restaurant is absolutely lovely with beautiful views out to the gardens & the food was great (especially the buffet breakfast & omelettes). If your looking for something a little less informal there are other dining facilities at the hotel & theres also a toby carvery opposite the entrance to the hotel (10 miniute walk). The staff are all wonderful & have great customer service skills. I felt really valued as a guest & I'm looking forward to staying here again in future!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed for the weekend , so relaxing and as I am expecting it just what I needed . The cocktails although I only had one were superb and the breakfast was so amazing so can't wait to book again just to relax and enjoy a cocktail my husband had taken a shine to a particular one .. Just one negative it says it has a jacuzzi we'll it does not , it a side bit jn the pool wi little or none bubbles and cold so was not happy as that was the main reason I went .. But everything else makes me want to book again soon thanks

• Stayed February 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here for our annual meeting and social weekend and were very pleased with the whole experience. The staff were genuinely attentive, the facilities were excellent, and it is in a great location for getting into Edinburgh. Food was also excellent!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent a night here with teenage daughter. From the minute we arrived until we left, we felt valued as guests, and without exception all staff were welcoming. A special thank you to the staff who provided the rice to absorb the moisture from daughter's mobile which had got water on it! We had a well appointed room, the pool area was lovely and plenty lockers and plenty room in the changing area. The evening meal was very enjoyable and daughter rated it amongst the best she has had. Similarly, breakfast was superb, a huge choice and plates regularly replenished. I/we look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anne H
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here when we attended the recent rugby at Murrayfield, Scotland v England. The result was a big disappointment but our stay at The Dalmahoy more than made made up for it. We were made to feel very welcome and found all the staff in reception and concierge very friendly and most helpful. Our room was bright and comfortable. We dined in The Zest restaurant and enjoyed the meal very much. Breakfast was excellent, lovely porridge followed by a delicious selection from the buffet. I really enjoyed the smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and the haggis. The staff in both Zest and breakfast dining room were really nice and attentive but not intrusive.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scottishbluebell_11
Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stay here quite regularly for business trips to the west side of Edinburgh. The hotel is well situated for that area and for the airport. It would also make a great location for a weekend getaway, given its rural location. The leisure facilities make it a stand-out for me in Edinburgh. The gym and spa are big enough to be a non-resident destination in their own right, and the golf course looks inviting (I should be so lucky). Breakfast is on the Marriott's usual, vast scale, and served in a nice restaurant. The Leisure Club restaurant is fairly inpersonal, and doesn't serve many especially healthy options. The bar is a cosey spot for a drink, and has a good atmosphere. This is the first hotel on my list when I'm in Edinburgh.

Room Tip: If you can... get one in the old building. But I think they're highly fought over.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gareth J
speyside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stay there often and have chosen to use the marriott here as the first hotel i choose....simply because they seem to have taken on board comments and are far more friendly and helpful. IT has improved so much lately as far as front desk....so they do listen! The sports area has been upgraded and now my husband loves it and thinks its the place to stay when we are in Edinburgh at least once a month!
The bistro is fine! We have eaten there quite a lot as my teenage son is hungry after fine dining! However breakfast is to die for! The best !I noted that the wonderful smoked salmon wasnt on offer at the weekend when extremely busy! But you cant complain..I wanted to review this again as we have stayed at another marriott country club sort of expecting similar standard and HATED it ! shocked ...although both rated the same??
So yes we will be back often and the whole family loves it! .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank essySpeyside
Tom G, Director of Operations at Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hi essySpeyside

Thanks so much for taking the time to acknowledge the improvements you, and your family, have witnessed here at Dalmahoy. We have put a great deal of effort into raising our game with regards to both the physical product and our service levels on property; it is great to hear that this has had the positive impact we were hoping for.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Dalmahoy sometime in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirknewton
Novotel Edinburgh Park
#82 of 150 in Edinburgh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,439 reviews
Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!