I stayed here for one night only during a conference at nearby Heriot Watt University so didn’t get to see much of the hotel or the grounds. The hotel was a sprawling old manor-type building which meant some of the rooms were very far from the reception and involved lugging my case up and down stairs (even on the ground floor). No staff offered to help. There should at least be some step-free access.
The room was comfortable and clean, but the decor in the corridors looked somewhat worn. Breakfast was a wonderful buffet of warm and cold foods. A chef was present to cook fresh fried eggs or omelettes.
For a four star hotel, I would not expect there to be an extortionate charge to access Wi-Fi in the rooms. Even the most basic hotels in my travels around the world have offered free Wi-Fi (and not just in communal areas) so I think the hotel really needs to re-think its policy on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland