What makes this hotel is the staff. I kind of get miffed though when you are charged for wifi. In this day and age this should be standard at this level of hotel. Outside the front door there is a flower bed, it is a weed bed. There is the odd blue bell in it however it is unsightly and when it is just to the left of the front door you kind of think it just shouldn't be there.
The beds are terribly soft and I fully appreciate we all like differing beds however every person in our party did not sleep particularly well due to the beds.
Would I return? Yes I would however would ask specifically for a harder bed. Possibly sounds a little harsh however you normally spend half your time in a hotel asleep, but not in this case.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland