My friend and I booked in for their SPA package, which in itself was quite difficult to do, website says no on site beauty facilities so you cannot see what is on offer for the spa day. However following a few phone calls discovered that 'Beauty Essentials' is an onsite beauty room but they are independant to Marriot and therefore not mentioned on the website, with a separate website and phone number - confusing!! Also the spa package we booked was through Marriot - bad mistake 'Beauty Essentials' have their own spa package which included 3 course lunch, robes, slippers, treatments etc etc. Ours was more expensive and didnt include lunch, robes, or slippers???(I had asked this question and was told yes we did get robes but when we booked in because we booked through Marriot it wasnt included?) it was also a pain having no robes to be in for a swim, sauna etc to them have to get changed and dryed to go upstairs for your treatments,. Then go back downstairs to get undressed again.....Also do not book a friday if you are looking for a nice relaxing afternoon at the pool - full of school kids swimming lessons, yes it does mention on site but very noisy and not enjoyable for a relaxing spa day.
Lunch - mmmm not good, we dined in the upstairs bar area for a snack, £6.50 for slice dry toast, mushrooms that were very dry (maybe leftover from breakfast) and a poached egg....... the look itself would put you offf.....Very very disappointed.
Following treatments from Beauty Essentials - If I was reviewing them alone I would have said excellent - very good facial from Liz. But our voucher promised pedicure and luxury manicure - nope we got a basic file and polish....we were also promised 25% discount on any purchases - yep youve guessed it 'No' as again Beauty Essential are their own company and do not honor this discount.
So in short very very disappointing day.......no tour of venue, no-one to tell us where anything was......poor quality and expensive food...
Apparently it does say on their website that some venues do not have their own Marriot owned beauty salons, but I couldnt see that. Definately will not be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its breathtaking scenery, Baronial Manor, incredible sunsets and views of Edinburgh Castle, Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club is paradise. As our resort is set within 1,000 acres of parkland, you would never know you're just 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, our lively capital. The resort - a retreat for leisure and rejuvenation - has two 18-hole golf courses, a PGA-approved golf academy, gym, indoor swimming pool, spa and tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Prestigia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalmahoy, a Marriott Hotel And Country Club
- Dalmahoy Marriott Hotel Country
- Marriott Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Marriott
- Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club Kirknewton, Scotland