“An outstanding stop on our trip from Munich to Fussen”
Review of Andechs Monastery

Andechs Monastery
Book In Advance
More Info
US$84.68*
and up
Private Tour: Munich Sightseeing Including Andechs Monastery
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although the food is served cafeteria style, it was delicious. The beer was my favorite in our two weeks in Germany. When we returned to Munich, we made sure to stop at Andechs am Dom to sample some more. I was interested in the history of the monastery, but we missed the English speaking tour.

2  Thank Ararock82

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our time here. I don't think it's a "must," but it was fun! The monestary was beautiful and it was fun to enjoy the brewery as well!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My fiance and I took a day trip to the Andechs Monastery to try their famous beer and to see some of the Bavarian countryside. We took the S-bahn out of Munich and were planning on taking the bus to the monastery but we had just missed it and would have waited an hour for the next one. We decided to take a taxi there (~20 euro), which was not ideal, so I would recommend trying to time your train to the bus schedule. However, once we tasted the beer, the pricey ride was forgotten and it was a great afternoon! The food was delicious (we got the cheese spread and pretzels) and we sampled most of the beers and our favorite was the Weiss! If you have the time in Munich (we were there 4 days), I would highly recommend an afternoon at Andechs!

2  Thank Natalie E
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was traveling with my 2 adult sons who are both beer aficionados. Upon first landing in Munich, we headed straight for Andechs. We walked around and went up the hill to see the church which was very ornate. The whole grounds were very nice and a great little tour. Unfortunately we could not do the brewery tour.
We then stopped in at the beer garden for lunch. We each had a different beer - a Helles - light, Dunkle - dark, and weissbier. All were truly excellent as we had hoped since we read that this was the best beer in Bavaria. Add to that a big pretzel and sausage and kraut and we were three happy tourists. This is a great side trip out of Munich and should not be missed.

4  Thank Papabuck49
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Went to Andechs on a Friday to avoid the crowds. From Munich its an hour by S-Bahn and then a short bus ride.

Take public transport if you want to enjoy the Andechs Doppelbock beer. It's strong, so driving is out of the picture. Lunch options are great and the prices are low (compared to Munich).

If you want to work off the lunch you can walk back to the station, about am hour and its all downhills.

5  Thank Reinhard H