“Touristy but nice”

US$85.75*
and up
Private Tour: Munich Sightseeing Including Andechs Monastery
Reviewed 15 August 2014

To be honest the monastery and accompanying area was much bigger than I expected. There are two different restaurants - both serve traditional Bavarian food and of course lots of beer - as well as a beer garden for smaller snacks and more beer. We walked around the church and up to the tower. Very tight climb and not for claustrophobics but worth the views. There's a little playground for kids and a shop. All together a nice afternoon out.

2  Thank Nora D
There are newer reviews for Andechs Monastery

Reviewed 24 July 2014

There's a nice trail you can hike up to the brewery and have food and beer. The monastery is great, nothing is leveled and seems like you have to work out for your prize. The view is amazing and as long as it's not raining I would go anytime of the year. A nice spot to get "out of town" when you're visiting Munich.

1  Thank mathieuvallee27
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Worth the trip if you are in or around Munich. There is little else like visiting a Monastery this beautiful and being able to eat great food and drink great beer for very reasonable prices. I wish I had known more about this so this last trip was not my first visit to the area. Definitely worth at least a quick trip from Munich if not for a night or two in Herrsching.

1  Thank uncbeers
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We took the S Bahn to Herrshing and got off the train. We were not able to get the bus so we took a cab $13 euros. The restaurant is great sat inside as is was chilly outside. The Catholic Church is the most beautiful I have ever seen. If you are in Munich take half a day and visit, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Smerch112030
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Although the food is served cafeteria style, it was delicious. The beer was my favorite in our two weeks in Germany. When we returned to Munich, we made sure to stop at Andechs am Dom to sample some more. I was interested in the history of the monastery, but we missed the English speaking tour.

2  Thank Ararock82