“Amazing !!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel zur Post garni
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Andechs
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Lovely hotel, its bedrooms are very charming and confortable. Breakfast is really surprising. You can eat fantastic cakes, marmalades, fresh fruits, vegetables, salmon, scrambled eggs with bacon and lots of other nice things. This hotel is near the Benedictine Abbey where you can eat wonderful pork’s knuckles and drink fantastic beer; it’s also a good solution if you want to go and visit Munich (by S-train from Herrshing). Its staff is very kind and always smiling. Try this hotel…. don’t miss it!!!

Room Tip: The rooms of the main building are very nice and pretty
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had a business meeting outside of Munich and always wanted to visit the monastery and so Andechs was it. I picked zur Post based on other reviews and was glad I did. My room far exceeded my expectations considering the price and location. My bathroom was small, but had everything you would need or want. Breakfast was outstanding!

Room Tip: you can walk to the monastery, but it's a decent walk. I would drive next time.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The hotel and staff were charming. The room was a bit small and dated but clean. There is no elevator, but it's only two stories, I think. Breakfast was terrific, as is the location. At checkout, however, I was disappointed by terrible customer service, with the hotel wanting to charge for two rooms instead of the one I reserved and used. They took no responsibility despite having a website that does not convert entirely to English, that did not complete the reservation transaction, and does not send a confirming email. I was held hostage until I agreed to pay. It was a horrible experience. The only bad one on our 11 day honeymoon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

If you like beer then visit the Abbey, to be honest that is why you probably want to be here, if you don't like a beer then visit anyway, the food is very tasty (if you like farmers food ....and I do)! If you don't want to drive (best not too if you like beer) then stay at the Hotel Post. Only a 10 min walk through a very pretty village. Big plus !!! But remember the way back.....

The hotel is very traditional clean and comfortable. The breakfast (no chance for lunch or dinner) is very good, plenty of choice in the buffet and also fresh cooked to order.

What pleased me (a lot, to the amusement of my German girlfriend) was the traditional costume, worn by the staff, the Dirndl ( traditional Bavarian dress) think of German Oktoberfest and you see it here. The hotel has a shop selling this, but make sure your bank account is as full as the Dirndl seemed to be :-)

No need for an alarm call as the local church will summon you just as you go to bed !!! But thats all part of the charm. And if you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Abbey then I guess you won't be bothered.

If you do have a car then you are also within a very short drive to Ammersee or Tergernsee two very picturesque lake areas worth a visit, but maybe only in the summer months.

This hotel is no luxury spa resort, but because of its location, cleanliness and service ticks all the boxes for a short break, in a beautiful, historic part of Germany.

Room Tip: You will hear the bells where ever you are !
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel during our visit to the abbey but really there is nothing to see in Andechs other that the abbey and it really does not have any English tours. The good is that we were treated wonderfully at this hotel, great breakfast, great room, great parking, every question answered and I have nothing really critical to say about this hotel. The bad is that the same person that checked us in also cooked our breakfast and checked us out and I don’t remember seeing anyone else working at this hotel and the breakfast was so good that I left a big tip for our host. The problem is that I liked this hotel but I really did not really like visiting the almost tourist trap abbey and there is really nothing to see in Andechs other than the abbey but I will stay again if I am passing through Andechs on the way to Bavaria.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our German friends recommended we visit Kloster Andechs - it is well known for the beer and the local specialties. This hotel was the only one we could find at a very short notice and we found it a bit expensive comparing to other accommodation we used while in Germany. However it turned out to be a very good choice especially for those who do not want to risk having a beer too many and then driving somewhere. We got something that they called a suite but it was just a large room with a gigantic bathroom which we really enjoyed after a long drive and a cholesterol & beer packed dinner. The breakfast was amazing and all of it home made (or so it seemed) and delicious. The service was excellent and everybody was very helpful. Parking was available and very close to the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We had a great stay in Andechs. Our room was absolutely beautiful! I wish we could have stayed more than one night. The place was very easy to find, the staff was extremely friendly, owners warm and welcoming, and the breakfast was delicious! Will definitely come again next time we are in Andechs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andechs
Ammersee Hotel
Hotel Promenade
Hotel Promenade
#6 of 6 in Herrsching am Ammersee
Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg

Been to Hotel zur Post garni? Share your experiences!