“Best In The Region”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A shop keeper in the village told us this was the best among many good places to eat in Cogne. Well, he was right and I have to say, this is one my favorite restaurants in all Italy. The pasta I had with a creamy, cheesy sauce (I'd guess fontina cheese), could be the best plate of the national dish I've ever eaten. Wow!

Everything including the wine was first rate, and in a region known for meat and cheese dishes, my vegetarian wife was in heaven--there were plenty of choices for her as well. The servers were careful to explain the courses in their efficient presentations. I had the mixed antipasto consisting of local cheese and meat and every item on the plate was identified for me.

The credit for all this must go to the chef who indulgently spent time at our table as we lavished praise on him. Marco Stefanelli is a charming and humble man who is enormously talented at combining traditional recipes along with infusing his own creativity into newer preparations. He grew up here but I have no doubt he's had classical training.

Finally, the restaurant is small and intimate with lovely views, a huge hearth in the center of the room and, of course like all Cogne, decorated in an alpine motif. An absolute must if you're in the Gran Paradiso.

There are newer reviews for Lou Bequet

Reviewed 3 April 2013

As true Cogne and Aosta lovers, we ate in nearly every place in town and we must say: Lou Bequet rules them all!

I should mention the excellent mix of traditional aosta recepies in a creative form, the lovely atmosphere, the truly warm hostess, the excellent wine list. We (2) paid only 80 EUR for a three course dinner, top class wine and escellent Aosta-dessert wine!

Sadly, we only had the chance to eat here once, we can't wait to be back dining here!

Reviewed 3 February 2013

It's only the second time that we have the opportunity to eat here and we are delighted.
Wonderful atmosphere, great food, a lot of choice both "a la carte" and with daily proposals.
Good the wine list, the service, everything !

I strongly suggest a visit to "Lou Bequet" !

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I was planning a trip in Valle d'Aosta and I always like to read about the top restaurants according to tripadvisor. That is the only reason I decided to try this restaurant and there are many more to return.
RESERVATION is necessary since the place is small.
The food is good and the waiters are very nice.
We had a mix cold meat and cheese plate with chilli jam and chestnuts, "ravioli" Val d'Aosta way with truffle, tagliatelle with duck meat and a complementary cream made with "mascarpone" cheese and onion. To drink a very good local red wine.
Everything was delicious.
What I've loved the most of this place sorrunded by Snow White mountains, except from the food, was the beautiful decoration and the fire place in the middle of the room.
There was so much on the menu I would have liked to try that I called to reserve a table for the next evening but unfortunately it was fully booked. I'll returne for sure when around.

1  Thank Roland9891
Reviewed 2 October 2012

On short notice we asked at our hotel for a restaurant recommendation - it was Lou Bequet where we ended up. In every respect it was top - the food was outstanding - the service very friendly and capable to fulfill all our needs - the Chef, besides being an excellent cook has a good sense of humour and he helps to create a positiv athmospere. Wie will be back!