“Wonderful Bellevue!”

Bellevue Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cogne
Reviewed 7 May 2009

Absolutely gorgeous! My husband and I stayed in room 606 and it has its own sauna, jacuzzi and balcony with a view of Mt. Blanc. We initially planned on only staying for one night but ended up staying for another because we liked it so much. The valley was the most beautiful picturesque alpine valley either of us had ever seen.

To address a few topics brought up by other recent reviews:

-Everyone we talked to at the reception spoke very good English. At meals if we asked a question that was too complex, the waiter always quickly brought over another waiter/staff person to help out. The staff at the spa spoke little English but enough that when I had a spa treatment, she was able to give me simple directions or ask questions.(It was a wonderful spa btw- they deserved to have won the relais & chateau spa trophy in 06) But I don't expect the staff at an Italian hotel to speak perfect English; it's more of my responsibility to brush up on my Italian :). So possibly I have different expectations than others.

-There were lots of children there during our stay in early May. We even commented on it to one of the owners and she told us that they are somewhat of a family destination. I would estimate that 3 of every 4 groups that we saw had kids ranging from babies up to teenagers. The staff seems very good with them and never were they glared at. But all the children we saw were very well behaved.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bellevue Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 12 September 2008

Hotel in a fabulous location with beautiful views up and down the dog's leg-shaped valley. Very convenient for the village. Appears largely geared to French and Italian tourists; very seldom have an English speaker on reception. With the exception of the superb cheese waiter, service at meals is lethargic bordering on catatonic. The family which owns the hotel has breakfast every morning in the restaurant. As soon as they appear the waiting staff seems to double in number and suddenly perks up. Bedrooms are slightly dusty and poorly lit but at least score highly on Alpine charm. Clientele largely elderly Italians and French. Children are glared at. Breakfasts good. Best dinner option is the hotel-owned Bon Bec restaurant in town - avoid the in-house formal restaurant. In summary: this has the potential to be a really great hotel but it really needs shaking up.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank GeorgeGordon
Reviewed 4 May 2008

We loved this place. Relaxing, peaceful + great services. Couldn't ask for more! Lucie Guiler & Stephanie Howard

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2008

My husband and I have just returned from the 3 night "Romantic Elopement in Paradise" offer. This included 3 nights B&B, champagne in room on arrival, spa acess and special treatments, horse sleigh ride in the Gran Paradiso park. On arrival the hotel is easy to spot as its the only building at the top left of the village, right next to the kids snow park and vast nordic ski area. Its very un-assuming from the exterior but as soon as you walk in its like a museum featuring alpine wooden antiques and furnishings throughout and the staff in traditional costumes complete the look. All the staff were excellent although one piece of advice - Italian and French are the main languages spoken here (and throughout the valley) with very little English - so brush up before you go. Our room was spacious with a balcony that looked right onto the Gran Paradiso mountain view, nothing to fault in the room at all. All the meals we had at the hotel were excellent - the breakfast buffets had plenty choice for us, and the evening meal in the gourmet restaurant was excellent value for money (50euros per person menu - 6 courses!) and all with the most elegant silver service, excellent sommelier and cheese expert! Don't miss the 4.30pm daily afternoon tea in front of the fireplace - this was a very popular event. We also ate one night in the Bar Fromage just outside the main hotel building - again excellent and not overpriced - recommend the Fontina Fondue! We spent every afternoon after 5.00pm down in the spa - do not miss it - its really high quality, although can get quite busy and the loungers do go quickly. The pool has points with underwater jet massage and a jacuzzi area. We had a massage and Cleopatra bath from the spa treatments and I wish I had tried a few more. The staff here are excellent as well and were very accomodating adjusting the spa treatments to suit as I'm 6 months pregnant. Just outside the hotel there is an enclosed snow park for kids with plenty to keep them occupied, and the access to the many KM's of nordic ski. We did much walking and recommend the Lillaz waterfall area and Valnontey - here we saw many of the parks protected mountain goats, and stunning scenery. I highly recommend this hotel and this 3 night package, it really was a wrench to have to leave!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jb250
Reviewed 27 September 2007

This is simply the finest, most tasteful hotel I have ever known. The rooms are wonderful, and views are better. The food is literally spectacular (baby veal ribs with three celeries), at breakfast, there are endless choices and everything--I mean everything--is made by hand. The indoor pool is a boon, as is the antique children's playroom. I wish there were more places like this on earth, but alas, there are not. An exceptional value. Take advantage of the 10,000 bottle wine cellar. Fabulous. This is my second stay.

Philadelphia, PA

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Jean-BaptisteCol
Reviewed 24 September 2007

I went to this hotel with high aspirations based on previous reviews. I wound up disappointed. I actually wound up in this hotel after bidding and winning a luxurylink.com auction. I had a room with whirlpool tub, fireplace and private sauna. The room itself was very tastefully decorated. However, the tv was 16 inch and the only english speaking channel was cnn. The bed are very hard and I developed back pain from sleeping on it. The breakfast buffet was the same EVERY DAY...and it was horrible. I had a free dinner at their Michelen rated restaurant and I was underimpressed. When I went down to the pool to look around. I got yelled at by a nasty woman in italian who shouted in broken english "no shoes allowed". My stay was so bad that even though I had gotten a 4 nite package, I left after the third night and booked a room in Evian for $500.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank rentadoc
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Found this hotel through Relais Chateux.
An absolutely fantastic place, lovely rooms, super food and a stunning spa.
We arrived on Friday afternoon were shown to our chalet which remains across the road from the main hotel structure the most quaint setting a two story chalet with fireplace all in the typical mountain style.
We had lunch on the hotel patio, which has the most spectacular view of the mountains.

On the Friday evening we had dinner in the hotels main restaurant where I honestly have to say that the food and the wine were of maximum level.
The service is excellent.

On Saturady we tried the spa and had one of the treatments "the milk and honey bath, definitely to be tried a really romantic experience.
On overall a very positive impression

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank ElaineCat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cogne
Hotel du Grand Paradis & Spa la Baita
#3 of 42 in Courmayeur
Auberge de la Maison
Auberge de la Maison
#2 of 42 in Courmayeur

Been to Bellevue Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!