Burwood East Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Novotel Glen Waverley(Glen Waverley)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Lang Mews(Mount Waverley)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms are quietacross the roadpublic transportprice rangebed was comfortableexcellent valuecentremelbourneshopscitymotelfacilitiesparkinghwykitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is very nice place to stay, quiet, clean and everything is perfect. We have been staying different type motel rooms in last 2 months in Melbourne, this place is definitely above average. The room could be just been decorated recently and it focus on details, such as, tower handrails in bathroom, big and bright bedroom, and I cannot find anything is wrong. Laundry is open 8am, and reception lady even offers me detergent to wash my clothes, how nice she is! Look at Landry room, clean washing machine and dryer. I will stay here again!
Yan and Brad

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank xyhmily
Reviewed 31 March 2014

WE were looking for somewhere convenient for a few days stay in Melbourne and were delighted to find this Motel. The location is excellent. It is across the road from a shopping centre with a good variety of stores and services. It is also only about 100 yards from a tram stop which will take you into the city or wherever you want to go in Melbourne. There are also a good range of restaurants and takeaways nearby. The hosts were friendly and even loaned us two tram cards which we could load with enough money for a few days fares. All they asked was that we return them when we were leaving. The rooms were clean and comfortable and serviced daily. This is a good quality Motel for those not wanting to spend a fortune on accommodation.
We will happily return to stay when we next visit Melbourne.

Room Tip: I think any of the rooms would be good. Ours was just opposite the swimming pool. Although not far from a main highway we were not bothered by traffic noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sue P
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I would to warn guests that the owners overcharged my credit card, when i approached them about it , they said it was legal but never had the authority to do so, this matter was taken up with my bank who agreed with me and after several months the bank returned my money back to me, I found the staff hostile and unfriendly, not only did we not have access to all the tv stations, nor access to the pool I would strongly suggest that you find other accomadation in the area

Room Tip: Do not use this motel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank reaksie
Paul I, Manager at Burwood East Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Our motel has a very strict non smoking policy. If a guests or there partner smoke in a room it takes up to 3 days to eliminate the odours and to clean everything.
Motels in Melbourne will charge up to $500 for this to take place. At Burwood East Motel we have a strict NON SMOKING policy in the rooms which guests are clearly aware of.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

On arrival late in the afternoon on a very hot day, we were delighted to be told by our very kind hosts that the airconditioning had been turned on - room was lovely and cool when we checked in. The hosts Alex and Juliet are incredibly kind, rooms beautifully clean, beds very comfortable, and all in all we would have no hesitation in recommending this motel to anyone who needs a quiet, clean and comfortable stay in a good suburb of Melbourne, very close to a 24 hour KMart, huge shopping centre, and walking distance to tram to the city. Very very good value for your dollar. We will be back. Alan & Roz

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the rear of the motel, it's on a busy road but we didn't hear any traffic noise as we were at the back section.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 79Roz
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our stay in Melbourne was made considerably easier with the very helpful directions to various attractions that we received from our host at the Burwood East motel. We had no way of knowing, for example, that on Sundays seniors can ride free on the trolleys, but thanks to the information provided by our host, we did just that and saw a good part of Melbourne we might not have seen otherwise as a result. It may have taken us an hour to get downtown, but there were plenty of interesting sights along the way. We also discovered how to travel economically and efficiently on the local motorways. Our room was clean and adequately furnished - too bad we didn't have time for a dip in the pool. It looked very inviting in the 30+ temperatures during our visit. If we come to Melbourne again, we'll certainly stay at the Burwood East Motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple