“Accomadating” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burwood
Perth, Australia
“Accomadating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

hi, just to let you know that i went to melbourne from perth as a late minute decision, the same weekend as the football grand final was on.
looking for accomodation & availability was hard, so i did my research online and came across box hill motel. i phoned and found reception very welcoming. motel was great and would highly recommend it to people that are visiting melbourne. it is great to find these places that make you feel welcome and making your visit more enjoyable. well done
kind regards graham evans perth wa

Room Tip: reception will assist
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Graham E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for second time in 12 months. Quiet clean refurbished room, just what I needed during busy work schedule. I'd phoned query to get special deal that was on offer, so was pleased to receive it with no hassle. I think Ausstrav review must be of wrong motel as this one has solid brick walls. I'll come here again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TravellersT00
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

In May 2012. I stayed one night [MY ERROR] overstay. At 10.10 pm I returned to the motel, I had the room key & found my clothes missing. There was no note to say please report to the office the following day to pay the extra day. I had booked by phone with a credit card for 5 days, but it should have been 6 days. The only thing I could do was to wake the owner 10.10 pm, who was very annoyed as I was. I apologized to her for my error when I found out it was my mistake. My room had been let to others & I was put in another room. My clothes, in a black plastic bag were retrieved from a locked area. I offered to pay there & then, but was told - PAY THE FOLLOWING DAY. Brian Allen

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brian a
BoxHillMotel, Owner at Box Hill Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Brian did book for five days and confirmed this on arrival. He confirmed the check out date and payed for five days accommodation. On the morning of the sixth day, the cleaning staff contacted management to say his belongings were in the room. After waiting several hours and trying to contact him, we had no choice but to pack his room, as we were fully booked that day. We continued to try and contact him and advised the guest checking into that room as to what had happened and left a note on the door for him to come to reception, immediately on arrival. He did arrive after closing and as we had had a late cancellation, we had held that room for him. We were in no way rude about the payment, or his mistake, and said that it would be alright to pay the next morning.
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

For the price involved we were bitten by fleas o/night. Privacy is minimal (thin walls). Owner very rude and stated credit issues with business. No confidence for quality service delivery.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank austtravel060
BoxHillMotel, Owner at Box Hill Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
This review is a total fabrication. The guests had stayed on several occasions and had always made a point of praising everything about the motel and staff. Everything changed when they were refused credit. They became very abusive and rude. We have never had fleas and score extremely highly in cleanliness and presentation, both with AAA and our local authorities.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burwood
Punthill Burwood
#1 of 4 in Glen Waverley
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,003 reviews
Hotel Ibis Melbourne Glen Waverley
Beau Monde International - a boutique Hotel

Been to Box Hill Motel? Share your experiences!