“fresh, tasty, fast”

George's Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 30 Restaurants in Burwood
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had lunch at George's Café last week and were very impressed with the standard of the food.
We had the Tempura fish and the dips tray. The food was very fresh, very tasty and came quickly. We will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I like this restaurant and go back again. Food is good and good environment as well. I hope it will help others. Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My daughter and I visited this restaurant on the spur of the moment. We had heard good reports so decided to give it a go. After waiting an age, a waiter finally took our oder. We then waited for nearly an hour for the food to arrive. I had ordered a burger and my daughter had ordered nacho's. Nothing particularly difficult you would imagine. However when it came it was a dissaster. My meal came with chips and salad that looked as if it had been thrown on the plate by a discus thrower (with less precision). The chips were under the burger and salad, the salad was drowning in the dressing and the burger was practically inedible. My daughter nacho's was simply a bolognes sause with with nacho's chips.
The staff were dismissive and rude and spent most of their time standing around chatting. When I asked how much longer our meals would be I was told that they were just very busy. Pehaps they should move some of the front of house staff into the kitchen and get a move on.
What really disturbed me was the amount of half eaten meals going back to the kitchen. The meals were far too big and the waste was incredible. We did not even get through half of what was thrown onto our plates. The prices were over the top and I would not recomend this as a place to take children to.
All in all it was very dissapointing and I would not suggest to anyone that they visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Although George’s coffee was my favourite restaurant in Sydney I don’t think I’ll eat from it again. On my last visit on 19/10/2012 with some friends we noticed something moving in the salad. It was an INSECT moving inside the salad !! That means the restaurant DO NOT CARE about cleaning the food. I contacted with the manager, unfortunately his reaction was too bad. He dealt with this issue as something usually happen and he took the dish and bring it to me without salad!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Value for money. Food comes with lots of salad. Huge plates. Genourous meat cuts. Fresh n clean. Thumbs up. And recommend this resturant to every one. It's Halal resturant . Good news for Muslims ;)

2  Thank aseila f