“In need of a bit of love!”
Review of Hotel Punta Rossa

Hotel Punta Rossa
London / Singapore
“In need of a bit of love!”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel was quite frankly bizarre! Admittedly I was traveling here for business so I missed a few creature comforts like wi-fi and decent phone reception - things you probably wouldn't worry so much about if you were staying here on holiday, however I still felt disappointed by the overall quality of the actual accommodation, facilities and staff. The rooms were extremely basic and looked like they needed some serious love and attention - a little paint and some air freshener certainly wouldn't go a miss. The staff were average, they were civil and reasonably helpful but I wouldn't say friendly. There were no in-room dining options - which was a shame considering the hotel is literally in the middle of nowhere so eating options nearby were limited. The view from the hotel and the breakfast were by far the highlights of my stay at the Punta Rosa, but I certainly wouldn't bother staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Britishsunseeker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
USA
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We have been coming to this hotel for years and it has remained a favorite. We especially like the views and lush gardens. Our wonderful suite overlooks the pool and has a see forever view along the coast. The jacuzzi even has a sea view! We especially enjoy listening to the waves all night.

Thanks to Ahmed’s help and patience I looked at many rooms on this last trip. I preferred charming rooms 9 and 22 which had balconies. For comfort and a terrace I would recommend suites 4, 218, 220 and 221. Of course the price goes up for a suite but it is worth it.

We had dinner and breakfast in the dining room which also has spectacular views.
The food was first rate. Our sea bass was fresh and perfectly cooked. The lemon pasta was ever so creamy and delicious. I want the recipe for the apple cake I had at breakfast. The staff at reception were all welcoming (Federica, Elena and Manager Giussy) and answered our many questions.

This hotel has a dramatic cliff location so be prepared to walk up and down. Unfortunately there is no inexpensive way to get there on public transportation. You will need a car. There is much to explore in the area; A wide sandy beach in near by Sabaudia, the sights of Rome to the North, and Terracina to the South.

We do hope to return next year to our little bit of paradise on the terrace in the sun.

Room Tip: If you want to be right on the water choose #206, but beware.... on a windy day the noise of the wav...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank GiovannaUsa
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 January 2013

If you have ever wondered what it must have been like to vacation in a holiday camp under some kind of totalitarian dictator - Franco, for example or Ceaușescu - Then head at once to the hotel Punta Rossa. Grim, expressionless staff haunt this dreadful eighties throwback as though they were waiting, merely, to report your every move to the secret police. I can quite honestly say, from the gruff voice barking, 'Name?' through the security intercom, to the pale, sour-faced, frowning porter who watched us struggling with our luggage as we made a desperate and premature break for freedom, I have never been treated with more indifference and disdain in my entire life. And, believe me - I've been round the block. Stay here if you must, ladies and gentlemen, but please don't say I didn't warn you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
19 Thank StephenBTraveller
cardiff
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This place is out of this world, everything you could ask for and MORE!!

Just me and my wife went as an anniversary present to ourselves, and there is not a thing that we could fault, the place is idyllic, food delicious every time, every meal, and the staff were spot on, anadelicia and roberto made our holiday, made us feel like it was our honeymoon and not anniversary!

We will definitely be returning, and again, without the kids ;)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank simon l
Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very pretty hotel on à beautiful location. We booked à suite with nice bathroom with jacuzzi and private Sun terrace. Wonderful and hope to come back in summertime.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank Manon066
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

Completely gorgeous. Food amazing, location idyllic, staff discreet.

• Stayed October 2011
6 Thank JKMLondon
london
Reviewed 24 July 2011

first the good points:
nice beautiful garden, superb location
the bad points:
the hotel seems to have seen its best days some twenty or thirty years ago....everything needs to be renovated...its actually not offering than an average 3 stars hotel...
sad....sad...
management can cope with customers needs...
hopefully the hotel will get better management soon.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Il San Francesco Charming Hotel
Oasi di Kufra
Oasi di Kufra
#2 of 9 in Sabaudia

Been to Hotel Punta Rossa? Share your experiences!