“Well trained instructors. Fantastic service. 100% enjoyment.”
Review of Scuba Moraira

Scuba Moraira
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Moraira is a PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and is one of the longest established PADI Dive centres in the area.Located on one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in Spain, just 45 minutes drive from Alicante airport and about 60 minutes drive from Valencia airport.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just completed my PADI Open Water course with Scuba Moraira and had an absolutely fantastic time as a first time diver. All of the staff/instructors were incredibly polite and friendly and very knowledgeable so I felt completely safe in their hands. When I had a problem with the mask removal/replace underwater exercise not going correctly on my last ocean dive and I got into a major panick and anxious to go down again and repeat the exercise. Ana was incredible she was there and made sure I got to the surface okay and calmed me down and took it at my pace. She switched my mask with hers to see if it was better (which it was) and then took me down a metre at a time repeating the mask clearing procedure as we went down so I got used to it, then once at the bottom I repeated the exercise and got it right! clearing my mask without any problems (or me panicking). Without her doing that if I can honestly say if I had aborted the dive I probably would have never dived again I got that scared. So I am incredibly grateful. Later on in the final fun relax section my nerves went completely! If I could give a better rating than 5* I would. If you want to learn how to scuba dive and have professionals teach you and feel 100% safe with..scuba moraira is the place to go. I've even booked to dive again before I go home from holiday! Tristian S

1  Thank TristianSmith
"holiday"
"sea"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've just completed my open water course today at the age of 63!
Our instructor was Ana who was very professional and gave us a lot of confidence.
I was anxious about the open water dives but felt very safe with a member of staff for each of us. I was not rushed while I learned to equalise and get my balance.
Altogether a great experience and I will definitely be back for more, hopefully in a few weeks.
Val

1  Thank Val O
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Just back from Moraira having completed my open water diver. I had tried this years ago in Ireland but got a bad fright due to diving in v dark water and lost sight of the teacher.
Really wanted to try again all these years later and delighted I decided to go to Scuba Moraira.
I did the theory by e learning and then had one to one teaching from Ana.
She was just fantastic, reassuring and gave me great confidence. I couldn't have had better and am so pleased to have my card.
I also booked a follow up dive before I left in El Portet and it was so interesting, another world.
I am definitely going to keep going there and hope later to do the digital underwater photography course when I am next in Moraira.
Brigid

1  Thank Brigid M
Sam L, Owner at Scuba Moraira, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi Brigid
Thank you so much for your positive review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your course.
Ana has proved to be a great instructor over the years and your comments confirm that.
I will of course pass on your kind words to her.
We look forward to welcoming you back to dive with us again soon.
Sam
Scuba Moraira

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I live in Moraira and have been meaning to do my PADI open water for a couple of years. Finally got round to it and booked the course with Scuba Moraira. The course was well organised and professional and our group was lead by a great instructor called Alba. Everything was explained clearly and nothing was too much trouble. The team were very thorough and the experience was very enjoyable. The pool skills section was very comprehensive and by the time you hit open water you're more than ready. Overall, a great experience and I'd highly recommend diving with these guys - I'll be booking dives with them... excellent

2  Thank Ianinspain
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Disclaimer: I am spoiled. I am from Bermuda and I dive with "Dive Bermuda." Therefore, ordinarily, I am extremely well looked after and I get to see how a truly worlk class dive operation operates.

Scuba Moraira is a "Divers" Dive shop. I had a good one tank dive and came back alive. I saw a very large octopus (real one, not regs).

The operation is basic. You are ferried out to the dock in a mini-bus. They have a small punt and you are expected to take care of your own equipment.

They are very matter of fact and can afford to be more friendly and accommodating. They can afford to ask people where are they from, how much diving experience do they have, how are they doing, where are you staying, what's your name, etc...

There were no buddy checks. There was no way of telling who was staff, who was a regular and who was diving as a tourist, etc. There was no guidance about where you can leave your stuff, what you should bring with you, how long it was going to be, emergency number, etc.

There was no "welcome." More importantly, there was no friendly vibe. I did not get the impression they cared about who you were - you were just another punter.

It took one of the paying guests to introduce himself (on the boat on our way to the dive site) to get any conversation going and even then it was very forced and apprehensive.

Don't get me wrong, I was well looked after with one of the staff giving me tips on my rented equipment, helping me with it on, etc. And I was well looked after under the water (I suck air very quickly and therefore was the first to be escorted to the surface). I felt safe. I just didn't feel welcomed.

Despite my seemingly negative review, in light of what I know now, I would go again. I think this review will help others manage their expectations. If I had known that it was not a friendly operation - more a very basic "just get on with it" style operation, I still would have signed up, I just would have been more prepared for what to expect.

4  Thank BermudaPool