The Magnolia Resort
Hotel Skala(Skala)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Bar/Lounge
Ocean View Hotel(Cephalonia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
Melidron(Skala)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrosebud bistropool arealovely hotelair confresh fruittea bagsbeanssuperior roomelectric shuttersrelaxing holidaya la carte menuhalf boardcommon sensenext yearinsect screensfull menuhigh standard
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We have just returned from the amazing Magnolia Hotel. First time in Kefalonia in fact first time in Greece and all I can say is Wow what a first impression. I read the reviews for the Magnolia before I booked and did think it sounded too good to be true but how wrong I was The pictures don't do it justice as the detail and finish of the building is amaxing. The staff were so friendly nothing was too much trouble, the hotel was spotless and nothing was too much trouble. I can honestly say it was the most relaxing holiday I have ever had and the Magnolia more than equals some of the five star accomodation I have experienced in places like Egypt and Mexico. All I can say is absolute heaven

Room Tip: We chose not to upgrade to a superior room and didn't regret the decision. The room was clean and the space was ample
2  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just got back from the lovely Magnolia Resort, a great family run hotel, the staff are all very friendly and gave great service, nothing was too much trouble.
As a ceoliac I am always concerned that I am not gong to be able to eat when I am away, but the staff here excelled in providing gluten free food for me, especially Helen at breakfast and Chris on the Greek night.
The Pool area is spotless, there was never a shortage of sun beds, the room very nice, the bed very comfortable.
Happy hour was great, and all the bar staff, daytime and evening were very friendly,
We had a great holiday, I am sure we will be back.

4  Thank Gerremys
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel has had fantastic reviews and rightly so. If you are looking for peace and quiet then this is the place to be; the hotel is serene and everything is done at a gentle pace, which puts its guests at ease and makes for a very relaxing holiday. The service, cleanliness and accommodation cannot be faulted, all being of an extremely high standard. The hotel is a 15 minute walk from the beach where all of the bars and restaurants can be found although there are two tavernas closer to the hotel (Jerry's and Persa's) only 5 minutes walk. As long as you don't require a buzzing nightlife, then this is definitely a go to. Local transport is sparse so if you want shops and sightseeing you need to hire a car or book onto the many excursions on offer.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank foodluvva54
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have never stayed in such a lovely hotel. Everything about it is top-notch, from the service, amenities, grounds and the fabulous staff. In a lovely setting, and only a 10 minute walk to tavernas etc. Have never seen such a well cared for and spotlessly clean hotel, nothing was too much for the family. Unlike a previous reviewer, I didn't find it soulless, nor restrictive. What do you want to do on holiday?? It was lovely to have no kids about, and to have a peaceful environment to relax. Would give it 11 / 10 for everything!!

1  Thank Ctietjen
Reviewed 26 July 2014

A lovely newly built hotel kept in pristine condition.Family run with nothing too much trouble.Perfect for a quiet couples holiday although perhaps a little too quiet if you are looking for lively night life.Would definitely recommend this hotel , thoroughly deserves it's Thomson's Gold Medal.

Room Tip: No sea view so no real preference of room
2  Thank Heather B