“Beautiful secret ...”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Guanica
New York
“Beautiful secret ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Have to say this resort is lovely and so are the friendly staff. We were staying on our yacht anchored in front of the resort and spent the day there.Lunch and breakfast were great and the location fantastic!!

Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this resort numerous times for years, its beautiful, serene, the service is wonderful, the people are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are awesome!!!! The food is excellent and I have always loved this place in fact I used to live in a neighboring town, so when I wanted to escape the stress and heat I would stay on the weekends and just chill! No complaints from me!! Its sad that the bad reviews I have read are from people from the island just like me, dosent matter I give this place thumbs up!

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I loved the Copamarina. It was the most relaxing place I have ever been even my husband, very type A, relaxed. We usually go somewhere with a casino but we did not miss it at all. The staff was great and the little store has everything you need. We will be back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The reason we went to the Copamarina was because the great reviews from trip advisor. I would agree that this is a hidden gem. We spent 6 nights here. I would recommend spending a few days in San Juan because it is over a two hour drive. I will be going back to this resort in the future.

Pros:
- Staff: Almost all the staff was very friendly and helpful. There were a few who appeared to be annoyed that they had to help us. When we first arrived our AC was not working and they had it fixed within 45 minutes. We had a few amazing servers at the restaurants (Michael and Jackie).
- Location: The resort is quiet and hidden. It is not in a touristy area which is what we wanted. The views are amazing. Its a quick boat ride over to snorkeling.
- Pools: There were two awesome pools to pick from. They were well kept and clean.
- Beach: the beach was lovely, not super swimmable but the sand was nice and there were plenty of beach chairs each day.
- Rooms: we had a deluxe room and it was plenty big for three adults.

Cons:
- The rooms were not clean compared to U.S. standards but they were clean enough. For the amount of time we spent in our room it didn’t bother us. The maids were very friendly and helpful when requesting extra sheets, etc.
- The shower water pressure was terrible.
- The beach directly at the hotel is not super swimmable but the public beach is within walking distance. The public beach is VERY busy on the weekends.
- Only the bar restaurant was open during the week. The food selection was not super great but it was OK. We ended up going into the town and getting bread/meat to make lunch to save some money.

I would recommend hiking in the dry forest and snorkeling. we went to bio bay nearby and it wasn’t that great. The best part of the bio bay tour was the clear view of the stars. Stop somewhere and grab some bread/meats/cheese for lunch if you don’t want to spend $12-$15 a day on lunch.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms face the same direction. The rooms in the 500 building are furthest away fro...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a wonderful place that we have in our island. My husband and I choose this place to celebrate our wedding anniversary and, it was by far the best decision. We got a nice ocean view room with a wonderful and magnificent view not just of the ocean, but practically the entire garden area. A breathtaking view. The service at front desk was wonderful, well on average, the service of the entire staff was excellent. All garden areas were very neat clean and the pools and spas were pleasant. The only thing that I think they need to adjust is the selection and variability of food at Las Palmas Cafe and Alexandra's Restaurant.
Already planning our next getaway!!!

Crystal City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

After 3 horrible days of travelling to get here, I was awestruck at the beauty of this resort. Even the drive getting here was amazing. The friendliness and attentiveness of the staff was top notch. The food is amazing and in my opinion reasonably priced. I know that some people have left reviews stating that the hotels needs some upgrading, but my room was pristine in cleanliness, and the decor suits the environment. The view from my room was spectacular. I honestly hope to return again sometime. Due to my trip being shorted because of weather, and then mechanical issues with planes, I did not get to do all the things that I wanted to while here. The hotel and staff were very accommodating to my changed arrival date and time and were nice enough to refund me for my lost time. In reality they did not have to so I really to appreciate their kindness. I stayed here February 28, until March 2, 2014.

Room Tip: Nearly every single room is good, just try to avoid the ends of some buildings as the view may be pa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Oneonta, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

We were making our first visit to Puerto Rico a little tiring by multiple stops and in between travel by car. We got to Copamarina and felt we needed to rest and relax. This was the perfect place for just that! We got a ground floor room (I don't think any room has a bad view) with a small patio area. Nice rooms with all amenities. We liked the on site options for food and drink. The beach was nice with calm water and the two pools were beautiful.
We didn't need to leave the resort but I don't think there is any nearby restaurants. A common complaint here is the volume of kids playing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guanica
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!