We accompanied friends who were returning for their third visit, and we can definitely see why they've returned; we hope to do so as well! The setting is lovely; the resort is on the beach, and the buildings are separated from the sea by well-maintained lawns and tall tropical trees. Each room has a patio/balcony facing these gardens and the sea. By having seating around the various pools as well as on the beach (and with some people using their porches), the place did not feel crowded, even over the weekend when it was full.. The rooms are a bit dark (to keep them cool?) and are on the simple side, but we didn't spend much time in them. The bathroom was functional and rather Spartan (and not in a stylish way!). The beds were fine but not luxurious. The fridge in the room was definitely appreciated. Wi-fi was often slow. Both we and our friends had some small maintenance issues in our rooms (light bulbs, A/C, etc.) but the rooms were cleaned well daily. The beach in front of the hotel isn't great for swimming but the public beach (5 minute walk) was fine. We enjoyed the restaurants (reviewed separately) for lunch and dinner but the breakfasts were overpriced. The staff was generally pleasant and helpful, and the amenities (ferry to Guilligans, dive shop, tennis courts) were all good and reasonably available. The overall vibe is very low-key and relaxed, which is just what I wanted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Puerto Rico's undiscovered Southwestern coast is one of the Island's best-kept secrets. This beautifully landscaped, 20-acre tropical resort is situated on an isolated 3/4 mile crescent of Caribbean beachfront. The resort offers the finest in relaxation, dining, diving, sailing and eco-tourist wonders to create the perfect vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copamarina Beach Hotel Guanica
- Copamarina Beach Resort All Inclusive
- Copamarina Beach Resort Puerto Rico
- Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Guanica