“Great place to be relax”

Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Guanica
“Great place to be relax”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I planned to get there for a couple of days, far from PR metro area. Is a very relaxing place (no noise, no music, no highways, just you and nature).

The hotel has only two fast food restaurants close. For this reason, we preferred to eat at the hotel's restaurants. Otherwise, you need to drive long distance to have food of good quality. The waiting time took at least an hour and food is expensive for the value received. Also, personnel's hospitality should be improved, specially at front desk.

The room was well cleaned and exteriors were awesome and well maintained. BUT, be careful if you go in spring-summer season;there are a lot of bees at the pool area and "mosquitos" at "Las Palmas" Restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014
Rabin O, General Manager at Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear ''Great place to be relax''

Thanks for posting your review in regards to your stay at Copamarina. To have more options, we have added more variety and daily food specials to our menu, Being part of the Dry forest, bees are part of our environment, we are doing our best to keep them as well as mosquitoes under control,

Looking forward to your next visit,
Regards

rortiz@copamarina.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently stayed here for a few days and was not impressed. We are comparing this resort to a recent trip to Punta so we may not be a good barometer but we will not rush back.

The place is in need of some clean up and activities to make it a true destination resort. It is more of a weekend getaway spot for the locals. The staff is not friendly and it is as if we are doing them the favor of being there. The service at the two restaurants was just marginal and one of the restaurants was only open one day.

The beach was not well cared for and if you wanted to swim, which we tried, the sea grass was everywhere making swimming/wading uncomfortable. There is a public beach next door where we ended up going to but that was very crowded with the locals.

If you are on the south side of Puerto Rico this seems like one of the only decent hotels in the area so it works. But as a planned vacation I would recommend that you seek other accommodations unless you aren't as particular as we were. If you want solitude this is a good place. It was very quiet and with little activities available it forced you to relax.

Room Tip: The rooms all have views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fredspwds
Dear "So so great away''

We do appreciate your comments on Trip Advisor, Our style is more on the retreat side catered to the ones looking for Relaxed Caribbean Comfort but will take a look to our activities schedules to seek for additional opportunities that cater for what you may be looking as well.

As part of the Dry Forest, our beach is protected and we are unable to modify the nature way of it, We do offer daily trips to Guilligan Island a great spot for beach activities.

Regards

New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was great. Staff was super helpful and warm. Rooms were nice - directly opposite the beach. In fact, you can hear the waves if you leave the window open. Two pools for those who don't want to swim in the ocean. The beach was rocky in places, which made wading in the water harder though.
The hotel is located 30 minutes from Ponce airport and the hotel organized a shuttle to/from.
You can also take a short boat ride to nearby Gilligan's Island, although I don't highly recommend it as an attraction. There were too many people on the island for it to be enjoyable.
Recommend trying the Mofongo w/Grouper at the Restaurant - delicious!

Room Tip: Ocean-front rooms are nicer if you like the sound of the waves.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fareeda E
Dear ''Nice Hotel, Warm Staff "

Thanks for sharing your traveling experience at Copamarina. We are happy to hear that we was able to cater to your expectations !

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay in this hotel before and as always is very quiet. But the room needs an upgrade, also the bathroom. If you look to stay in a place that is quiet this is the place, also very comfy and great view.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Even though this plantation style hotel is located in a sleepy town of Puerto Rico, I will highly recommend it to couples looking for a place to relax and enjoy themselves. The hotel staff helped me arranged a romantic dinner at La Pergola and it was worth it. Very romantic!

They also helped me coordinating a trip to Guilligan's Island. The hotel has a private boat that takes you in and out of Guilligan's for a small fee and the boat's captain brings you a lunch box at any time during your staying in the small island.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mili20
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Trip Advisor Copamarina

On May 9, 2014; my husband and I arrived at Cooamarina hotel to spend mothers day weekend.

By the time we arrived, the room was not ready so the person who was on the front desk suggested us to have lunch. We left our luggage (two bags and a suitcase) and they gave me 3 tickets. When the room was ready they called us and we went back to the front desk and then sent a young man to take us to room 404 in a golf cart.

I unpack immediately, and for our surprise my cosmetics bag and a new box of Benson menthol cigarettes were gone. I immediately went straight to the front desk; and report what happened thereupon I went to the store that they have in the hotel and buy another pack of cigarettes ; then headed to the parking lot and inspect our car and adjacent areas to confirm if my things were there.

During the stay visit the front desk daily to check if my belongings had appeared .

The last day of the stay I went back to ask about my missing items and suggest the lady in the front desk to check their security cameras specifically the sofa where I sat it next to the parrot Lola ; I was sure of the items I leave in custody of the hotel employees.

Unfortunately there were my things and as of today no person by the Hotel Copamarina has communicated with us.

A cosmetic bad with various cosmetics is an investment; it had items, Lancome , Elizabeth Arden and Clinique among others.

On my return I had to invest $185.00 in new cosmetics for the above items. And as woman that works these stuff are important and part of maintain a nitid corporate image.

I was very disappointed with this distasteful incident.

Evelyn Rivera
San Juan, Puerto Rico

1 Thank Evelyn R
Dear ''Someone took my cosmetic bag''

We are very sorry for the negative incident that you had experience while staying at Copamarina.

As I recall, I did personally reply to your email two hours after received on a Sunday evening, and our records shows that your cosmetic bag was left unattended by you, not in our custody.
We apologize for any inconvenience that this incident have created to you

Sincerely
Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and me were looking for a place to relax and enjoy the beach, she was taking care to find the place, one day she asked me "are you ready for leaving?" I said, "yes, but where?" She said, to Copamarina in Guanica, 3 days later we were in route from San Juan to Guanica. Today we are back in San Juan, but in Copamarina we spend 4 excellent days, thanks to Jacqueline (Dog Lover) that share with us beautiful stories of lovely dogs that brought to our minds our 2 lovely ones, Layla and Lukas, to Deborah (Menu Expert) that spent a while talking about the delicious menu, from that day we never when out to another local restaurant, and to Angel N. that, one night under the rain, when out to get an umbrella for us (Gracias) We love to travel, from now on we do not need to out of the Island to spend unforgettables vacations, will calendar an stay in Copamarina once a year (dreaming to stay in a Villa) Gracias, Gracias, Gracias!!!!

Room Tip: Love the Beach? Get a ocean view room Love Flowers and Plants? Get a Garden View room Love Relax a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Soami V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guanica
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
Hotel Parador Guanica 1929
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!