“Excellent Service for a reasonable price”

Holiday Inn Express Nurnberg-Schwabach
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Schwabach
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very close to Nürnberg. If you travel by car it is on tne way from munich to Berlin. 2kids stay free. Breakfast is delicious. Service is very friendly. Free parking on the street is available. Cafes buerger king and a shopping mall in only 700 m away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed one night on a trip through Europe. The street name is not recognized by GPS systems, so beware.

The hotel is very large and the rooms are larger than the average HIE. The bathroom had a heated floor, so very comfortable. The WiFi had a fairly week signal in my room, sixth floor at the end of the corridor, but in the public areas was fine.

The dining room was superb, the breakfast better than any other HIE,, more upmarket and perfect quality. All the staff were helpful and friendly.

There is no restaurant, but next door, no more than 20 metres away is an excellent pizza restaurant, good quality and good food. My waiter spoke perfect English.

I can definitely recommend this hotel, much better than standard HIE.

Room Tip: Free Parking and near the motorway
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It Was our first night in this hotel. Hotel is located i very lovelly city Schwabach. (Nurnberg is Beautifull, but Schwabach is also beautifull and wort to visit). Breakfast was very good, a lot of things to choose ;)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wntl
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel on our trip from Stuttgart to Prague and the hotel's location is perfect; the service is good and the rooms are nice and updates. The breakfast is for Holiday Inn Express very good.

One negative point is the internet: it is not working or too slow. For us as business travelers a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 March 2014

To be honest, I did not expect much when I made the booking and I have been pleasantly surprised. In fact I would go as far as saying that this express betters most Holiday Inns I have stayed in. Rooms were clean, choice of pillows, bathroom had under tile heating, air conditioner/heater works really well, wifi Internet works well although you only get 1 hour free wifi unless you are a member of the loyalty program, then it is 24 hour access ( its free to sign up and you can do it there but you do need to get a new user id and password from reception everyday) Breakfast was pretty good bar was reasonable and there is a reasonable restaurant next door.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is my second time being in hotel. I was last year for the first time approx. at the same time.
This is one very nice hotel where you can stay during the Nuremberg trade shows. And not only during the trade shows, always.
Rooms are clean and with a lot of space. Hotel has good position if you are going by car, for the train I am not sure as I didn't take any.
Breakfast is little bit on lower level than year before, but still fantastic.
Sleeping - I don't like the pillows at all.
Staff is mostly great, I would like to emphasize ELENA especially, she is the best.

There is one and only problem with this hotel and it is not small one. The Internet in the rooms is limited at one hour. Of course, you can always ask your college or friend if he or she doesn't need the daily hour which you will get, but I think that this is one very stupid think. That is making guests very nervous and if I have to go there because of business again I will do that. If I need to go private - I won't go for sure, JUST BECAUSE OF THE INTERNET.

Room Tip: All rooms are generally the same. The only recommendation is to try get the room that is not looking...
1  Thank Aleksandra1982-18
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Got concerned when the hotel was so far away from the airport, but then realized it is about 5 minutes from the train line, which put you in the centre of the city in 8 minutes.

Decent rooms; very European (tight, not a lot of closet space, weird bathroom layout). Good breakfast in the mornings and close by to some good coffee shops, etc. Booked because they showed free wifi but go to the hotel and it was pay-for internet.

Service at the hotel was hit-and-miss. Either really good (like when we inquired about checking out early, they said it was okay with refund) to really bad (like when we left and they said we had to pay for the extra night). Also refused to give us a print out of room charges (which was a first in my travel experience).

Would I stay there again? Probably not, but if I was booked there again, I wouldn't have a problem staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nurnberg-Schwabach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear arif_a786,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwabach
Hotel Schneider
#3 of 5 in Schwabach
Gasthof Weisses Lamm
Gasthof Weisses Lamm
#74 of 126 in Nuremberg

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nurnberg-Schwabach? Share your experiences!