The Park Hotel
Norton Hotel(Hartlepool)
US$81
US$47
  • Beachfront
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
US$92
No availability for your dates from our partners
Staincliffe Hotel(Hartlepool)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea viewtriple roombuffet stylevalue for moneythree coursessea frontegg mayonnaiselovely beachcouple of yearsnice clean hotelbreakfast is servedprawn cocktailfamily mealthursday nightincluding breakfastgreat carverycar parking is
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Lets be honest, Redcar is not the home to luxury hotels, and the Park Hotel also does not fal into the luxury category, but it was clean and very nicely located right on the sea front which is two big plusses for me. The staff were very helpful, even making sure that our case was picked up by courier. Breakfast was standard British fare, but it was plentiful. We had the family room and it was HUGE, I think that the bathroom was bigger than our room in London, the only negative was that the water pressure was very poor. However, from my research and recent visit I would suggest it you need to stay in Redcar the Park Hotel is the way to go.

Room Tip: The suites are probably the best choice, although they will cost you more, ask for a room with a sea view, nothing like waking up to see water out your bedroom window.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank skfc4
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I will start with the good. The staff are very helpful and friendly and the hotel is nice and well located. The breakfast is lovely and the dinner (inc in weekend rate) was nice enough. Good veggie options and great service.

Now the bad. We booked a standard room and could hardly believe the size (room 28). It was so small the double was pushed up against the wall. There is no way this room should be used as a double for 2 people - it is a single room.

Once nicely furnished it is now shabby with rusty radiators and peeling wall paper. We were on the ground floor facing onto the carpark on the annex. The walls and floors are thin and you can hear every step the people in the room above make and every word the people next door utter. The bed was so soft I woke up with a bad back.

It was also not 100% clean, I found some hairs in the bathroom and when I pulled out the storage heater the hoover had obviously not made it under the desk.

Its probably the best choice in Redcar although the competition isn't exactly steep and as we have family in the area I may end up having to stay here again. It needs to be refurbished, beds fitted with new mattresses and some sort of soundproofing under the carpets. It could be a great little hotel but because of the horrible room we had, I can only rate it as average.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've never stayed in the Park as I only live a few miles away. My partner and I pop in here for tea/lunch at least twice a month and always find the food is very good whether you have the carvery or bar meals. The prices are very reasonable and the offers (2 for £10 etc) are amazing ! Well recommended for good food that feels homemade. Service is always prompt and efficient - the young waiters/waitresses appear to be properly trained which is a rarity in most restaurants !
Only criticism is that the bar area is dismally lit so it looks dingy - please improve the lighting.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed in the Richmond suite for a night, I wasnt sure about hotel from outside but when I got into the room it was lovely! Clean, a FULL sea view from the window(shame the beach is closed off right now). Very quiet room as its the top floor and just a slight noise of the waves crashing outside its lovely :) bed was cozy and warm and I had a lovely sleep! Staff are really friendly , we had a lovely evenIng meal in the bar area which was lovely and a great English breakfast :) WELL worth the money and if you want a lovely large room with a sea view book the Richmond suite! Wish I could stay longer but we will be back :-) I don't know why there are so many bad reviews though! You can look on their website for room details and if you need more space book a suite. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My job takes me around the country, and there is a sort of familiarity in about 60% of the places I say in. The general friendliness of the staff is often let down by the neglected rooms and the general approach of the management. Take this hotel. Staff were welcoming and helpful, but the room was like being taken back in a Tardis to 1984. The hotel needs a re-furb. And another thing, when your hotel is clearly not full, why not upgrade what guests you have to the best available rooms? That can increase the chances of a return visit, and that in turn increases the chance of survival. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business