“Mother's day meal with no bill.”
Review of The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 10 Redcar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Went for the 3 course carvery for Mother's day .
Food and service was very good just a problem when you come to pay , you dont get a breakdown on what things cost in fact didnt see a bill.
I am sure I was over charged by quite a bit but didnt realise till I got home as I had my kids screaming at me.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank smoggies45
There are newer reviews for The Park Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a few times staff frendly rooms need updating if you park your car park it away from hotel bays are narrow and no CCTV cost of stay £217 for B/B £450 to put paint work back after being keyed

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phil1graham
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed for one night. Receptionist was very nice. Room was on the first floor overlooking the beach. Shame about the leaded windows as it spoilt the view. Room very dated. Had tea and coffee making facilities. Overhead shower was very weak. Taps very wonky. Bed firm with mattress cover. Terrible pillows. Paid £50. Didn't have breakfast but it would have been an extra £5.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rixon
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I cannot comment on staying at the park hotel but as a local we do visit monthly for a bar meal. There is a limited menu on a Sunday but every other day there is lots of choice, we still often visit on a Sunday as there is enough choice for us even then.

Food is always hot and tasty, never had a bad meal yet, I often get the hot meat roll & gravy, or the hunters chicken, the parmesan is nice but slightly on the small side.

I hope they carry on doing what they're doing so we can have many more meals there.

Room Tip: Pick up your own cutlery and mat on a Sunday.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Plus points were very good meals at a reasonable price. Excellent heating throughout the building and an ideal location for a business visit to the local college if travelling by train. There were some nice touches such as the throw, cushions and a bowl of mints/sweets on the dressing table.
Minus points are that the hotel is a little tired with matching decor (especially the bathroon - definite 70's/80's style/colours with sunglasses needed). Also found that the dressing table and bedside cabinet had not been cleaned properly, which is a little off putting if using a computer mouse and the top is sticky. Worst point was the street light outside the window in the room (No.5) that made it seem like a 24 hour day although it was a sea view room looking out at the wind farm.

Room Tip: Make sure you haven't got a street light outside if you prefer to sleep in the dark.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and was charged £60 per night having been told it was the 'best rate' that could be done; wished I had read the review a few weeks ago who paid £50 and stated it wasn't worth paying any more (I have to agree). We were given a dull, depressing room (no. 10) at the rear of the building (take ear plugs if you are don't want to be kept awake by the kitchen fan noise). I was told none of the twin bedrooms have a sea view; if true this seems unfair. The beds were of poor quality and not at all comfortable; Travelodge & Premier Inn manage to provide comfortable beds in similar priced rooms. There was no heating on in the room or bathroom (other than when checking in). The bathroom was cold and draughty due to the poorly fitted window; there was no shower facilities other than an over the bath spray with no shower curtain.I would also agree with the reviewer who said it would make more sense to give residents an upgrade when the hotel is quiet (as it was when we stayed); this would have improved our stay and perhaps left us feeling more inclined to return. Breakfast was adequate but clearly the chef couldn't be bothered to separate the rashers of bacon when taking them from the packet; they were cooked and served all stuck together. Although most (not all) staff were pleasant and efficient,the hotel needs significant updating and improvement before I would consider returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank aquariansue
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After a long Saturday shopping for decorating stuff my wife and I were stumped for somewhere to eat. As we live in Marske-by-the Sea we chose to eat at the Park Hotel. There was a wedding party and we thought that this would delay any food orders. I asked the staff if there would be a delay and they said no so we ordered the 2 for £12 meal. Staff very friendly and helpful only had to wait 15-20 mins for our meal. We were surprised by the amount of food served what a change from the normal 'skimp on the food' mentality of most deal hotels and retuarant chains. Quality was also very good in fact we struggled to finish everything. Will be returning soon and hope the standard is maintained

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcar
Brockley Hall Hotel
Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel
Jurys Inn Middlesbrough
Jurys Inn Middlesbrough
#4 of 11 in Middlesbrough

Been to The Park Hotel? Share your experiences!