“A successful family event” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claxton Hotel

Claxton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Redcar B&B and Inns
Chertsey
“A successful family event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had booked a family suite, family room and standard double for three nights and booked dinner for 17 on the Friday evening for a 90th celebration party. We were put in the small dining room at no extra charge, so the little ones did not disturb other diners and could move about freely. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. The family room and standard double were clean, great sea views and the double was very roomy. The staff and owner were always willing to help. Only negative - the door hinges could do with oiling because when anyone went in or out early in the morning, it woke you up. Good breakfast. The evening meal
was good quality and definitely value for money. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a bath, so ask if you definitely need one.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

i stayed here with my husband as we were visiting family in the area, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull, our room was clean and fresh, we would definatly stay here again in the future

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah_s_12101
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Claxton Hotel in Redcar.
I have stopped in a number of Hotels over the years both for Business & Leisure & on this occassion it was a family break with my wife & I together with my father in law who is elderly & disabled. Whilst I have never felt the need in the past to make comment about the standard of a Hotel I do feel that this Hotel should get the recognition it certainly deserves. The quality of the accommodation & food was good particularly given the modest price for room & breakfast. What struck me most of all was the Team of staff working at the Hotel who could not seem to be able to do enough for you. They were all friendly & helpful. The accommodation for my father-in-law was particularly excellent with what appeared to be a newly refitted room with facilities for the disabled with a wide shower access & a special chair for the shower which was provided on request. There were also low level light switches & wide door access

I cannot sing the praises of this Hotel enough. Human nature being what it is means that we are often too quick to be critical if the standard of a product is not good but equally we should be quick to recognise & make comment when the product is of a good to excellent standard.

For me this ticked all the boxes for value for money, facilities & a friendly group of people.
I will certainly be going back & I wish them the best for the future, Mark P West Midlands

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pick3rs
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed in the Claxton for a 3 night weekend in July, and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

The decor in our room was dated although spotless with everything we needed and the bed was very comfortable with white crisp good quality linen, very spacious room.

We had 2 evening meals here, and both was lovely, nice home made food. Breakfast each day was wonderful, with no faults.

The Claxton is made excellent by the friendly, helpful owners & staff plus the quality & choice of delicious food.

With the fast, friendly & reliable service and the ideal situation I would recommend the Claxton to anyone, my only regret is our stay was too short!!! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our double room was lovely, spascious and clean
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Redcar, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I only stayed 2 nights at The Claxton and wish my stay was longer. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. Upon arriving the staff were very friendly and full of smiles
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet. The bathroom was also very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done , it was very comfortable....
Very tasty breakfast, I love scrambled eggs on a full traditional english and I found it better than what the local weatherspoons had to offer.
Evenings were a pleasure here, they have a choice of 2 bars. 1 huge room and a smaller cosey room - both are perfect for relaxing after a busy day at the seaside. Evening meals were cooked lovely and again all the staff were pleasent.
Pleanty of FREE car parking so my car wasnt just abandond on the local high street.
Would recomend to friends and family to stay here .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I love staying at the Claxton, The staff are always very helpful and friendly, The bedroom had new carpets, bedding and curtains,with a great view of the beach.Everywhere was clean and fresh. The evening meal was great value for money and the breakfast was more than i could eat.I will continue to visit the Claxton for years to come. Great value for money and a great venue for any function you may need all at affordable prices.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Our 3 night stay was 3 nights too many! Two single beds were pushed together to make our double, only two very thin pillows, no lights on the headboard worked (one was hanging off), overhead light was dim and dingy. En-suite was so tiny you had to breathe in to get past the basin to the toilet on one side and shower on the other. No window in there so 'extractor' operated as soon as light put on (it was deafening). Large holes in the carpet in bedroom & en-suite which smelt strongly of urine. Curtains decomposing in places and bedding very suspect!! Furniture falling to bits. Due to very short notice this was the only 'Hotel' that could accommodate us for three nights, I wish we had shopped around a lot more!! Poached eggs for breakfast were microwaved - Yes, true, the waitress told me and the proof was in the eating - small, round, tough, solid discs! Never again will we stay there that is for sure. I advise you not to as well!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms to our knowledge! The Hotel Inspector would have a field-day!
Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank J E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcar
The Spa Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
Norton Hotel
Norton Hotel
#9 of 9 in Hartlepool

Been to Claxton Hotel? Share your experiences!