“good for contractors”
Review of Claxton Hotel

Claxton Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Redcar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2013

breakfast starts at 06.00 so u get to work on time.reasonable price and friendly staff.showers in room great if working in a dirty environment.plenty eating places in redcar.plenty to eat at breakfast.the hotel also do evening meals at very reasonableprices.unfortunately we missed out because we work long hours.

Room Tip: en suite has great showers
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had booked a family suite, family room and standard double for three nights and booked dinner for 17 on the Friday evening for a 90th celebration party. We were put in the small dining room at no extra charge, so the little ones did not disturb other diners and could move about freely. The food was excellent. The service was outstanding. The family room and standard double were clean, great sea views and the double was very roomy. The staff and owner were always willing to help. Only negative - the door hinges could do with oiling because when anyone went in or out early in the morning, it woke you up. Good breakfast. The evening meal
was good quality and definitely value for money. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a bath, so ask if you definitely need one.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

i stayed here with my husband as we were visiting family in the area, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpfull, our room was clean and fresh, we would definatly stay here again in the future

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah_s_12101
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Claxton Hotel in Redcar.
I have stopped in a number of Hotels over the years both for Business & Leisure & on this occassion it was a family break with my wife & I together with my father in law who is elderly & disabled. Whilst I have never felt the need in the past to make comment about the standard of a Hotel I do feel that this Hotel should get the recognition it certainly deserves. The quality of the accommodation & food was good particularly given the modest price for room & breakfast. What struck me most of all was the Team of staff working at the Hotel who could not seem to be able to do enough for you. They were all friendly & helpful. The accommodation for my father-in-law was particularly excellent with what appeared to be a newly refitted room with facilities for the disabled with a wide shower access & a special chair for the shower which was provided on request. There were also low level light switches & wide door access

I cannot sing the praises of this Hotel enough. Human nature being what it is means that we are often too quick to be critical if the standard of a product is not good but equally we should be quick to recognise & make comment when the product is of a good to excellent standard.

For me this ticked all the boxes for value for money, facilities & a friendly group of people.
I will certainly be going back & I wish them the best for the future, Mark P West Midlands

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pick3rs
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed in the Claxton for a 3 night weekend in July, and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

The decor in our room was dated although spotless with everything we needed and the bed was very comfortable with white crisp good quality linen, very spacious room.

We had 2 evening meals here, and both was lovely, nice home made food. Breakfast each day was wonderful, with no faults.

The Claxton is made excellent by the friendly, helpful owners & staff plus the quality & choice of delicious food.

With the fast, friendly & reliable service and the ideal situation I would recommend the Claxton to anyone, my only regret is our stay was too short!!! We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our double room was lovely, spascious and clean
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I only stayed 2 nights at The Claxton and wish my stay was longer. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. Upon arriving the staff were very friendly and full of smiles
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet. The bathroom was also very clean.
The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done , it was very comfortable....
Very tasty breakfast, I love scrambled eggs on a full traditional english and I found it better than what the local weatherspoons had to offer.
Evenings were a pleasure here, they have a choice of 2 bars. 1 huge room and a smaller cosey room - both are perfect for relaxing after a busy day at the seaside. Evening meals were cooked lovely and again all the staff were pleasent.
Pleanty of FREE car parking so my car wasnt just abandond on the local high street.
Would recomend to friends and family to stay here .

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I love staying at the Claxton, The staff are always very helpful and friendly, The bedroom had new carpets, bedding and curtains,with a great view of the beach.Everywhere was clean and fresh. The evening meal was great value for money and the breakfast was more than i could eat.I will continue to visit the Claxton for years to come. Great value for money and a great venue for any function you may need all at affordable prices.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcar
Gisborough Hall Hotel
#8 of 10 in Redcar
Abbey Guest House
Abbey Guest House
#1 of 2 in Redcar

Been to Claxton Hotel? Share your experiences!