“Welcome to Redcar”

The Central
The Central
Ranked #10 of 10 Redcar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My friends and I also arrived to be informed room had been cancelled..we had arrived for the races and had booked and paid for the room since March. This is a dreadful way to treat tourists and people like the obnoxious man who answered the door, have no place in tourism . We had no alternative but to travel back to Scotland. By the sound of things we had a lucky escape as the reviews from people who actually had the misfortune to enter the place are awful.... Final straw was the £70 parking ticket we got while trying to find alternate accommodation . Will we ever go back to Redcar ???? I think not.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the central hotel
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank weescotty10
There are newer reviews for The Central

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Arrived Friday 20/06/2014 for a weekend at the races. Three rooms reserved with Dave and confirmed over phone week before. Greeted with the words VELLY SOLLY we have no rooms. Could not get to see Dave as in her words again he Velly poorly. Scared stiff to face a bloke. Keep well away dirty stinking hole. On the plus side after an hours search we found the Park hotel. Alot more expensive but well worth it. What a fantastic hotel from rooms to staff to food could not fault it. Thanks Dave for giving us a great weekend in Redcar which would not have happened at you hole.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank geoffmac64
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel which we booked for a friends birthday as we pulled up outside we thought oh my god it looked dirty but decided to go in it couldn't be as bad there was a notice saying dirty boots must be removed before entering it should have said on the way out remove them. The smell was appalling dirty and dingy. When we found some one to book us in we were told they were fully booked the owner was on holiday and the lady we spoke to said there was nothing she could do we had already paid half of the cost. We were told we might be able to go to O' Gradys just down the street we were lucky they had two rooms. What a good thing for us as the Central Hotel was a disgusting dive not fit for animals. If you are booked in there as a last resort I would advise you to take a tent rather than book in ther.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY most disgusting hotel in Redcar
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ann S
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Not sure how it got 3 stars!! They must have bribed the tourist board. Arrived on sat morning to find no answer at the door. A number in the window advised us to call if no answer at the door. When we walked in the overwhelming stench of cigarettes hit me. Can only assume that the people who left positive feedback are those with a 40 per day habit themselves.
Worn furniture, bedding and decor. Mouldy shower. Hasnt seen a lick of paint in years. Tele was dodgy. Light in the bathroom worked when it felt like it.
Apart from anything else the Devil May Care attitude to safety was alarming. Fire doors propped open with the fire hydrant and another held open with a door stop. (Photos dont lie)
At £50 per night it was appalling value for money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tracey L
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I read a few mixed reviews regarding this hotel, given I was only staying 2 nights I decided to go for it, especially as it seemed to be such good value for money. First impressions from the outside were that it seemed a bit tired, but going into the hotel, it was a really nice entrance, warm and nicely decorated, the owner was pleasant and showed me around without any fuss. The room was a very pleasant surprice, I had booked a single en-suite and wasn't expecting much at all, but I got a fair sized room, comfy DOUBLE bed with 4 pillows, decent TV, nicely done (and clean) bathroom with toiletries. I could not have asked for anything else.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Not the most upmarket accommodation but then again if you were expecting a spa then you'd expect spa prices. The room had a bed and shower and tv, this suited my purpose perfectly. Had a cooked breakfast and it was really nice. The decor wasn't great but for what I paid I didn't have 5* expectations. The parking and location were good

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a perfect accommodation. We were on a cycling weekend and needed three en suite rooms and a place to lock our bikes away over night. We got three basic, en suite rooms with modern bathrooms and lovely hot showers. The rooms were clean and with an up to date TV. There was also a kettle with tea and coffee. The hotelier and his wife couldn't do enough for us. The bikes were locked in their garage over night and this lovely couple also arranged parking badges and served an impressive full English. Thank you for a lovely stay. Martha King

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends