Armada Guesthouse, Redcar
Norton Hotel(Hartlepool)
  • Beachfront
Staincliffe Hotel(Hartlepool)
View Hotel
Hunley Hotel and Golf Club(Saltburn-by-the-Sea)
View Hotel
All reviewsfresh milkguest housewarm welcometop classfull englishgreat breakfastnice choicebottled watersecond to nonevalue for moneyfamily rooma great place to staylittle touchesroom was spotlesscooked to perfectiontown centreparking permit
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Booked in for one night while visiting relatives in New Marske, was met by Jill and she was very friendly and helpful. the room was very clean and we had an excellent breakfast the following morning. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

Me & my boyfriend decided to go up North, as my boyfriend used to live there so he wanted to show me all the sites. It was a last min booking but it was an excellent b&b. John and Gill waited for us to arrive at 8:30pm, where they greeted us, let us look round the b&b & took us to our rooms. They were pleasant and polite & extremley helpful. The breakfast they served was also very nice.
The b&b was extremley clean and presented very well. All 3 days we stayed at the b&b john & gill took the time to get to know us & asked whatvwe were up to. It was a fantastic stay & we was very sad to go home. Can't wait to return!

Kirsty & Tom.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

For a stay in Redcar for one night we booked a budget B&B. Unfortunately we were let down as when we arrived (having previously confirmed our ETA) the Landlady was not in or contactable despite several messages.
This misfortune turned good when we eventually began to look for an alternative, and our first call was to Armada GH. Spoke to Jill/Gill and there was a room to accommodate the three of us.
On arrival we were warmly greeted. The place is very clean, modern, spacious, and comfortable....a real treat. Our room was the same - comfortable beds, a lovely shower, and little extras that make a difference such as decent coffee, cushions, toiletries etc.
Breakfast was lovely, with a good choice of juices, cereals, fruit, breads, and of course full English.
Gill and John got up extra early to accommodate our plans - thanks.
Trip Advisor only allows a 5* max but I would give 5*+.
We won't bother with anywhere else on our next visit to Redcar.

• Stayed: March 2013
ArmadaRedcar, Owner at Armada Guesthouse, Redcar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you very much for your kind remarks. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Hope Jamie enjoyed her dancing competition. See you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

This was my first trip to Teesside and Redcar, and the Armada stood out from the reviews as a place to try for bed and breakfast.
I had a warm welcome from Gill, who showed me the room and explained the temporary arrangements for breakfast while the kitchen and dining room are being refurbished. This amounted to one of the best continental breakfasts I've seen, even when rigged up in the corridor.
The room I had was small, but perfectly adequate for a one-night stay. If I'd been working, it would have been tricky to make an adequate desk, but I wasn't, so no sweat. Furnishing and fittings were clean and in good order and the bed was comfortable.
Gill gave me good advice about finding somewhere to get a meal and a decent pint.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2013

John & Jill were just something else ....... what a tremendous pair of hosts, just couldn't do enough for me from the moment i arrived to the second I left with my partner Phil feeling just the same. i felt as though we were old friends. The room was as clean as ours at home but dont tell my Mother ! Breakfast was a full English and I chose the kippers which were very good.

Room Tip: Best B&B in Redcar by far !
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple