“Really worth a visit”

Rico Mexican and Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 131 Restaurants in Los Alcazares
Description: Rico Mexican and steakhouse is a premier and authentic Restaurant that has been proudly serving the Los Alcazares area and beyond since 2017. Since then, our mission has been to provide high-quality food for all those that wish to combine fun and enjoyable ambiance with skillful cooking into one extraordinary dining experience.The menu cover huge choices of food including Mexican ,Burgers ,Pizza-Pasta and for meat lover steaks is a option.Indian food has also been offered at rico.If you didn’t try here yet you should come and try.
Reviewed 20 March 2024

Well I dont usually go to places that offer 3 course meals for 14.95 euros, I mean what do you expect for that price? But was talked into it by friends who said the food was really decent.
On arrival we had a choice of sitting out doors which was spotless and indoors which was also very clean and presentable, as its still a bit cold at nights we chose to sit in.
The early bird menu (its on all day I believe) was extensive and had a selection of dishes from around the globe, I had the chicken wings starter which was tasty but nothing to write home about, my wife had the beef Nacho dish which looked and tasted lovely, our friend both had Chicken Tikka starters which were large chunks of chicken breast served on salad, they looked extremely good. For Mainmy wife had Chicken Burrito which was served with fresh salad, I could not believe the size of it, two of us had the chicken Qucsadillas served with Salad and chunky chips, really really good and 1 had the sirlion served with chips and salad.
For dessert our friends insisted the cheesecake as the best around and when it came it certainly looked good and my wife confirmed it was delicious!
I opted for the pancake stuffed with Vanilla Ice cream, I was expecting a small Quarter pancake with a blob of ice cream, I mean its been good so far and we were paying 14.95 euros a head for three courses, totally wrong it was the length of the whole plate stuffed with three scoops of ice cream, I struggled to get it all down, but I did.
I have paid a lot more money for worse and we will be back on our trips to our place in the sun, service good, food good, clean restaurant @ an unbelievable price! try it!!!

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 10 November 2023 via mobile

Great service and good food. Best mexican in the area of Los Alcazares Spain. We will be back every stay in Los Alcazares.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

Amazing experience, very reasonable and amazing food - give it a try you won’t be disappointed. €14.95 for the 3 course menu is a bargain

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 5 August 2023 via mobile

Having lived in Los Alcazares for many years I have visited all the restaurants in the area and Rico Mexican and steakhouse on the strip is by far the worst restaurant I have been in not only in this area but ever. The service is appalling the food is either burnt or undercooked or that bad you can’t even eat it.

I had the beef fajitas and a chainsaw would have not got through them. I mentioned it to the waiter and his reply was sometimes they are like that…..

Over 2 and a half hours for 2 courses (we left the dessert that was included in the menu) as we had had enough of waiting and chasing the waiters.

There was absolutely no service. We had to approach the staff for drinks we had to ask for the menu we had to ask them to come and take our order we asked for the bill 4 times.

Although 2 mains were not edible they still charged us for them.

I suggest that as there are so many lively restaurateur in the area I would avoid Ricos at all costs.

Date of visit: August 2023
Sagar Soni, General Manager at Rico Mexican and Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2023

Dear Esteemed customer ,

We are deeply disheartened to learn of your less-than-satisfactory experience at Rico Mexican and Steakhouse. Your candid feedback serves as a valuable asset to our continuous endeavor for refinement.

Firstly, allow us to extend our sincerest apologies for the service and culinary disappointments that marred your visit. The unacceptable wait times and instances of inattentiveness from our service personnel are deeply regretted. The staffing insufficiency, which regrettably affected the standard of service provided, has our undivided attention, and we are taking concerted actions to prevent such occurrences in the future.

With regard to the culinary aspect, we express our profound remorse for the incongruence in quality you encountered, particularly in relation to the beef fajitas. We acknowledge your perspective and deeply appreciate your forthrightness. The statement "sometimes they are like that," as delivered by our staff, was intended as an acknowledgment of the inherent variation that can arise in culinary endeavors rather than a dismissal of your legitimate concerns.

Furthermore, we seek to clarify the sequence of events. Your decision to forgo dessert and the dissatisfaction stemming from the beef fajitas are noted. Our sincere intent was to provide you with alternative selections in an effort to ameliorate your dining experience. Regrettably, these overtures were respectfully declined.

Permit us to underscore our commitment to rectitude. The beverage charges in question were not levied against your bill, underscoring our dedication to fostering a harmonious patron experience.

We profoundly regret any frustration arising from the disparities in service and culinary gratification. Your perspectives hold immense value, and we are wholly committed to leveraging your feedback as a catalyst for refinement and elevation of our service standards.

We beseech your understanding and the potential for reconsideration of Rico Mexican and Steakhouse in the future. Your endorsement remains a cherished aspiration as we diligently strive to address these concerns and evolve for the better.

With sincere apologies and utmost respect,

Regards

Rico team

Reviewed 31 July 2023 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic value for money. €14.95 for a 2 course meal with drink. Massive starters. Highly recommended. Excellent presentation.

Date of visit: July 2023