“Gorgeous food & friendly staff”
Review of Fresco Bistro

Fresco Bistro
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Los Alcazares
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent, our favourite restaurant, staff were brilliant, friendly & efficient, nothing was too much trouble. Food was wonderful, never had a bad meal, the steaks were amazing, can't wait to return

1  Thank GreeceLover_12

Reviewed 28 April 2014

The pizzas looked great and that is wahat enticed us into this place. We ate from the set menu, all I can say is, don't go for the steak. Tough as old boots. We should have gone for the pizza.

One other thing, their air-con is on the same feed as the Hotel 525, so if it's hot in the restaurant (which it was) and the hotel doesn't have the air-con on (which it didn't) you will roast.

Overall, not a very pleasant experience, but maybe we were jusy unlucky.

1  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Have been to this place in previous times and all good.
So we took some friends to also experience the food. Big Mistake.
As this last visit was so very very bad.
My husband had Menu of the Night. It was all good.
I had from the main A La Carte Menu.
Starter: a prawn cocktail. A Glass full of chopped lettece, blob of rose marie sauce and 3 peeled prawns.
Main, 9 Euros: an Orthentic Moussaka. A small tapa type dish. It consisted of cooked CHIPS on the bottom then bechamel sauce with afew courgettes, more cooked CHIPS with melted cheese on top. It was the worst dish I have ever had. It was truly, definitely NOT a Moussaka !!!
I did inform the waitress.
Dessert 4.50 Euros: fresh fruit salad. A small dish which had 3 sliced pieces from an orange and 2 slices of kiwi fruit.

We actually felt that there was not a 'Chef' in the kitchen.

At the least, because the meal was so so poor that we would have expected a reduction on the bill.

I have had much better menu del dias, for a lot less Euros !!!!

I would not recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank JLBRITT24
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Fresco is a brilliant restaurant on a street that has many terrible ones! We have had pizza that is as good as any authentic ones in Italy, fabulous steak, gorgeous fish and it is well presented with yummy side dishes if you want them. The service is attentive and friendly and the staff speak a range of languages. We dined here twice this year and it is now our favourite restaurant by far!

1  Thank Emma J
Reviewed 4 August 2013

What I found about Los Alcazares is that a lot of the restaurants use the set menus to bring customers in and they dont actually exist. What is refreshing about this restaurant is that the set menu isnt just good value but also of high quality.

I had the steak, which although small was cooked well and tasted great. The rest of the family enjoyed their food too.

The only downside was that two locals came and sat on the table right next to us and were smoking none stop. We have a new born baby and a 3 year old so you would hope the staff would help. They didnt speak English (the smokers) so I couldnt get far with them. It was early as well so there were plenty of other tables they could have taken.

I would certainly recommend this restaurant to friends in the future.