“Superb food”

Campbells Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Los Alcazares
Price range: US$5 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our family run bar and restaurant opened in 2009 and since then, we have worked hard to make it one of the most popular bar restaurants in the Roda & Los Alcazares area. We are proud of our reputation for good food, value for money and friendly service in a warm inviting atmosphere. We offer a wide range of premium cuts of aged beef Sirloin, Rib-Eye, Fillet and Chateau briand (dry aged up to 21 days) fired up over hot coals, delivering perfectly cooked meat, with that moorish crispy seared finish. Alongside the steaks, guests can order a selection of poultry and locally sourced fresh fish. Our aim is to produce quality food at an affordable price, focusing on fresh local produce with every meal being cooked to order.
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Decided on Campbells based on recommendations from the owner of the apartment we were hiring.

Not the best signage to advertise its location, drove past first of all but then found it on the return trip into Roda. Parked on the road outside. We went for an earlier sitting having our boys with us so the parking may get difficult to find later as it gets busier.

Campbells is half restaurant and half bar/bar food - there are a couple of sliding doors to keep the areas apart (toilets situated between these doors).

Both myself and my youngest (9) had steak (medium rare for me, medium for my youngest), both were superb but I have to say the shredded duck chosen by my eldest (12) was by far the best meal delivered to our table that night, it just dropped off the bone and it was a large portion so I got to enjoy a fair bit of it.

The service was slow but with just the one waitress that was always going to be the case. When ordering we were told that the childrens could order just one main if they wanted the same and they would split it into two portions, typically they didn't want that.

Desserts were nice but they were still overshadowed my the superb mains.

Not the cheapest restaurant, but you are paying for the quality of the food.

On the way out I can tell you that the bar was busy and I believe they also do bar food but cannot comment on the price and quality of that.

If I go back to Mar Menor Golf then I would have no issues booking back in for another meal at Campbells.

5  Thank NOZ1972

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We went looking for this place after it was recommended to us. We nearly drove past it as its signage is fairly subtle. We booked for 9pm on a Tuesday and when we arrived we were the only ones there. This worried us a little at first but the service was great and the place looks great. Think contemporary upmarket british restaurant. We all ordered steaks of different cuts and differently cooked. All were delecious and perfectly cooked. The chips and veg were very nice as well. The wine...oh the wine! Apparently they run wine tasting nights here and the bottle recommended to us from the guy who runs them was absolutely gorgeous, even my fiancee (who hates red wine) kept asking me to refill her glass.

Must mention that a few other people had now come in to eat but still nowhere near full. This never spoilt the atmosphere for us though.

The bill for 3 people, all eating prime cuts of steak with 3 sides, 1 bottle of wine and 2 sweets was €98.

Bargain!!

We went into the bar afterwards for a drink. Small but very nice. The owner served us with drinks mixed with some Irish charm.

All in all a great experience! (The aircon could do with a boost though guys).

1  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

What a difference a year makes !

Campbells was always a great quality , if slightly expensive option in Roda village , but in the last year the great success of Roda's Bar in the village has clearly cost them a lot of business - and it shows

When we visited it wasn't anywhere near as busy as we had previously known.
The menu hadn't changed , but a number of items were not available.

They are clearly short staffed - with no waiters or waitress leaving Michael and Kieron to do all the work

This leaves them very stretched working both the bar and the restaurant and it materialises in very slow service

The chef has changed and the food quality had suffered - albeit at the still inflated prices

Sorry - the owners are great but if something doesn't change soon , it will be Roda's bar for us from now on

5  Thank LiLiCockerpoo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Went to Campbells after reading the very positive tripadvisor reviews. First course was good, my wife had the pil pil prawns, I had the shredded duck. My main however, cod with potatoes and caramelised sweet chilli was awful. The potatoes were stale and clearly reheated, the cod was over cooked, the caramelised chilli wasn't, it was just finally chopped. I had a side salad which came without dressing, I asked for oil and vinegar and was brought olive oil and Sarsons! I said I had red or white wine vinegar in mind but was told they didn't have any. The cutlery was cheap and bent and did not match what the restaurant is trying to be in terms of style and price. The staff were friendly, the rose wine was good. I provided some feedback on my experience, was told that this would be fed back to the kitchen. No offer of reduction to bill. My wife said I should have known better than to have fish in what is clearly a steak restaurant. If you want fish and are in the area we strongly recommend Ramon's. Our other favourite in the area is El Patio 2.

3  Thank Don B
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the best nights out in los alcazares. The food is great and well presented, all at a very reasonable price. Locals and visitors are all made welcome and the atmosphere and music all makes for a great night out.

1  Thank Pat F