“Lough & Quay we could have stayed forever..”
Review of The Lough & Quay

The Lough & Quay
Ranked #2 of 5 Warrenpoint B&B and Inns
Nothern Ireland
“Lough & Quay we could have stayed forever..”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

What a beautiful hotel, friendly & accommodating on numerous levels. We stayed here on 17th July 2013 overnight for my birthday & I honestly don’t think we could have found a nicer hotel in the area. Our room was a corner double overlooking the harbour (this I could have watched for hours!) it was huge with a great sized comfortable bed & pillows to die for! Stacks of storage in the room, the bathroom was sparking with a good powerful show, shower gel & shampoo included, not tiny sachets but gorgeous wall mounted dispensers full of quality product. We could not have faulted the room one little bit, perfect in every respect.

The manager & the staff were very friendly & happy to help with every little detail. When I mentioned I was vegan asking what was suitable on the menu he spoke with the chef immediately & offered changes to dishes avoiding cream etc. The bar was friendly, homely & very relaxing. That evening we eat in the restaurant & were blown away with the quality & variety of food on offer. My husband had Papardelle con Pollo All'Aglio full of succulent chicken. I had the Gnocci con Verdure di Primavera which had to be the best ever gnocci, with butternut cooked to perfect. The chef is a keeper, don’t let go of him/her as this quality of cuisine is rarely found outside of big cities. Wine was reasonably priced, service was top notch.

At breakfast I was asked if I’d like something vegan, grilled mushrooms as they were fresh in, boy did the chef know how to bring out the flavour, using fresh herbs they were probably the best I’ve tasted. I had asked for some fruit expecting some tinned grapefruit I was so wrong, the plate of fruit was not only aesthetically pleasing but delicious. My husband was delighted with his fry all locally sourced fresh products.

We didn’t want to leave The Lough & Quay, we could have stayed forever!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Have just returned from an overnight stay at the Lough & Quay and I have to say it was outstanding! Fantastic and delicious food (both evening meal and breakfast which was especially delicious). Beautiful large and relaxing bedrooms with lovely decor and we were delighted to have a twin view overlooking the lough and the harbour. Excellent staff and service which just took the whole experience to a higher level! We were celebrating our Anniversary and it was totally made when the management surprised us with a bottle of bubbly to help us celebrate! Absolutely fantastic and just made our night. We would most definitely recommend this place to anyone either to stay or just to eat in and we look forward to returning for another stay in the near future!

1 Thank 46Lady1967
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here overnight as we purchased the deal on Groupon, we arrived on a Sunday to a warm welcome, the rooms are very spacious and lovely views (I uploaded a photo) dinner was quite nice although for an Italian restaurant I would have expected to see lasagne on the menu (my fav). My bf said the breakfast was lovely and we would deff stay again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Yvonne w
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Even though myself and fiancee live in Newry,we decided to take the short trip down to Warrenpoint for a night out,we purchased the deal on groupon and I have to say, i was very suprised as to how attentive and friendly the staff were, how big and clean the rooms were and how nice the food was. We were very lucky that the weather was so good which made our day even better,I would definately recommend staying here.

1 Thank Gerry M
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had a great stay at the hotel, great family room. Staff so friendly and kind, Food delicious especially the breakfast. Everything is so clean and well organised. Only complaint was the music was so loud we didnt get to sleep till 1.30am, if we hadnt any kids it would be fine. I would deffo come back to stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CLABENN
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

we were travelling back to England on the morning ferry.the service was excellent and the food was fantastic and the staff in the hotel were very very friendly and most helpful could not do enough for us,the room were nice and warm and most tastefully decorated warming colours and the views from the windows were great.

2 Thank wiz186332
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I recently had a baby boy, and since then, apart form buckets of joy & love..., getting the chance to spend Saturday mornings', relaxing, reading the papers and having breakfast hasn't been a pleasant experience for me, largely down to my own issues, I hate packed places with rushed food, no baby changing place and no room, I like my personal space. Well, Last Saturday we found ourselves pushing the pram over the drains in the main street down the local town square, bump bump bump, looking around for other parents armed with a pram and satchel of baby related tools, to sneakily follow them into the same restaurant, it's soo you can go through the same experience with like minded people, the occasional crying and random screaming seem less annoying, together as 1.
Out of the corner of her eye my wife notices a family go into this restaurant, we turn and make haste, excited at the prospect of this new spot, large swinging doors welcome you into a cosy entrance way there is a fully decked out dining room with a dark Oak bar and lots of beer and wine to sample, we didn't want to sit in the nice dining room so just grabbed a seat at the window, the waitress came and gave us the menu, as it was after 12 then lunch menu was on, I still asked for the breakfast menu and even through it was past 12 , I still got my breakfast, which was...
Egg whites Scrambled Egg with Smoked Salmon, with Sour Cream and butter, on wholemeal toast. beautiful, a breakfast I have been having for years but this was by far outstanding, the best, zip. we stayed longer had more cups of tea, read all the papers, changed the baby, fed the baby, no problems, perfect customer experience, cant wait to go back some evening for a meal with the wife,xx, so thats it enjoy, hope its not bloody packed next time im down...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lennoneoin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warrenpoint
Carrickdale Hotel
#5 of 16 in Newcastle
The Balmoral
The Balmoral
#1 of 5 in Warrenpoint

Been to The Lough & Quay? Share your experiences!