“THE BOATHOUSE ROCKS”
Review of Boathouse Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrenpoint
Boathouse Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Warrenpoint B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Stayed in the boathouse Sat 10.04 as I had a few meetings in the area, so this was pretty cental for me. ( I travelled up from Kildare )

Staff were execellent , food was great and very reasonable. The rooms I cannot fault at all. Over all an excellent hotel in the hidden gem that is Warenpoint.

Ps. I went into the live music venue (downstairs ) about 1130 pm , the band where simply outstanding, Morning After I think is what the band was named. Head banging until the wee hours!!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 January 2010

I stayed at this guesthouse for 3 nights during December 2009 after it was recommended by a friend. It is positioned on the quiet waterfront town of Warrenpoint about 20 mins from Newry. Rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. The shower was the best I experienced on my month long trip around Europe! The view across the Mourns were stunning and worth spending a little bit more on. Breakfast was also amazing with a choice of almost anything! The service and hospitality was faultless and all the staff oozed the Irish charm. Overall outstanding value for money and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank sydney0ztraveller
Reviewed 10 November 2009

The staff I found to be very helpful, the breakfast was lovely and the service was good. The rooms were basic which we found ok for the lenght of time we spent in the room. We would go back to the hotel as it would be the cheapest B&B in the area. and easy parking.What i liked about the most was it was situation on the sea front.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2009

on saturday evening my friend and myself had what was supposed to be dinner!The table we were at was dirty scratched and very tatty.The 1st course of prawn cocktail was a very dirty plate with dirty greesy thumb marks on it ,The prawns were on this plate not even covered with a awful sauce ,the salad was a lump of lettus and on the same plate was a heel of shop bought wheaten bread with a butter in paper on top.
The main course was a steak??? onions on top and a doloup of chips on the side.
The only saving grace was the desert It was good clearly not prepared by the same chef.
Why do managment think this is ok to serve to anybody.In this climate we should be doing everying to encourage business not driving it away.So dispointing and I will never be back .

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2009

I stay in the Boathouse at least 5 days per month whilst on business in the north and I find it a pleasure - the rooms are always clean and tidy and you have two bars and two restaurants to chose from for food - excellent value for money and the staff are always extreamly helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank WorkTravellerDublin
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Location seemed promising, as a group we were in Warrenpoint for a special location. Service was basic, noise level was huge, cleanliness was at best questionable and attitude of reception staff and manager had to be experienced to be believed. Commitments made were not honoured and responses from manager to questions/complaints were aggressive.

We have actively boycotted the establishment since having made numerous visits back to South Down.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2009

just want to assure other future travellers that maybe were like me after reading other reviews i was a bit hesitant about going for my stay, i am very happy to say i found the complete opposite to some of the reviews, the room was spotless as was the bathroom, the food and choice of it was excellent, we had a very enjoyable stay and found the staff we dealt with very helpful and extremely friendly, we plan to go back again in the near future, thumbs up fro this traveller

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple