“Excellent”
other travellers have booked this property
Dog friendly beach, 5 minute walk from chalet
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Dog friendly beach, 5 minute walk from chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
joanne t
“Mr and Mrs”
Reviewed 3 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Not very good. Uncomfortable bed and sofa. Bathroom sink leaking leaving horrible smell. Bedroom door doesn't close. Shower was a joke. Pigeon poo all over patio on arrival. Not good

19 Jul 2018
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. You called me two days into your stay to advise me that you would be leaving and advising me of some of the problems that you had encountered. As I pay for a cleaner to do my cleaning and could not get down to the chalet before you left I took what you had advised me in good faith and refunded the cost of the holiday. You did not mention that the bed was uncomfortable or the sofa, I have never had complaints about them in the past. I have sorted the smell that you say was coming from the bathroom sink by putting some drain cleaner into it. The bedroom door does close it just doesn't catch and as there were only the two of you in the chalet I don't see why this would be an issue. I do not understand your comments about the shower, this was checked and I have replaced the shower head as water was coming out from the side of it, but it works perfectly well. Unfortunately the mess from the birds is out of my control. I feel this is a very unfair review, after you had received a refund
YJFY
Cheshunt, United Kingdom
“Good location, nice chalet park, small and basic as expected, but needs a thorough clean..”
Reviewed 16 June 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Nice, quiet, well-maintained chalet park in a good location for beach and town. The bar/restaurant is very friendly and welcoming and the food is reasonably priced for decent size portions.
Communication with owner was very good prior to my stay and I was very much looking forward to my holiday.
I was expecting small and basic as stated, but also expected the chalet to be clean. Unfortunately though, it was not (esp kitchenette and bathroom) and the overall build-up of grime was quite visible and unacceptable.
I spent considerable time cleaning to make things hygienic and comfortable for my stay, but didn't bother to inform the owner because there was nothing she could have done that night anyway. I only told her later because she messaged me first to check I had found every ok on arrival. Even then, I elaborated only on her subsequent request. She apologised and gave a few excuses, and offered me £10 (although I had not asked for any refund or compensation at all) which I thanked her for, but declined and told her not to worry about it as I had dealt with the problems and was happy to get on with my stay.
I thought that was the end of it and got on with enjoying my holiday, but a few days into it I accidentally received some text messages from the owner which were clearly not meant for me, containing some very derogatory and insulting remarks about me! No need to go into the content details on here, but it was rather unexpected and upsetting, especially as I had asked for nothing whatsoever and had honestly said not to worry about things. I did politely let her know that I had received them, and she did apologise profusely, but I still felt it was unnecessary and somewhat unprofessional on her part.
I hadn't planned to do a review initially, but on reflection, as I rely on tripadvisor reviews myself when booking things, I felt it was only fair to let others know what they might realistically expect. (Many reviews remarked on the cleanliness of the chalet, but unfortunately, this was definitely not the case for my stay.)
Hopefully, the cleaning issues have been properly addressed so that nobody else has this problem in future....but if they do encounter them, at least they have been forewarned.

17 Jun 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry about the issues with the chalet and thought that we had sorted them out. The messages which were unfortunately sent to you were explained as I was trying to get to the bottom of why the chalet was not clean and at the time you accepted that and even requested to stay an extra day, which I agreed to, but you decided against it. Upon your comments and cleaning suggestions, when you left I went in and did a thorough clean of the chalet. I rely on cleaners to clean for me and I accept that sometimes things maybe do not get thoroughly cleaned as they should do. But I did try to make amends at the time but you declined to accept.
Darren P
“Excellent”
Reviewed 14 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

Really enjoyed are stay as it was nice quite area was perfect for wat we needed as I work hard peace bs quire was just wanted we was looking for was amazing be willing to book again anytime

28 May 2018
Thank you for your review, much appreciated. Look forward to welcoming you back.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

25 Apr 2018
Thank you so much for your kind review of the chalet and park. Really pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope to improve the chalet and make it as welcoming as possible. Hope to welcome you back in the future. Thank you for letting me know about the TV its all sorted now :)
Reviewed 31 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

17 Apr 2018
Thank you very much for your kind review. I think the weather kept people away this Easter, Pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Your age range 35-49
19 Mar 2018
Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Pleased you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you back in the near future
A TripAdvisor Member
“Faultless, relaxing, most welcome break”
Reviewed 2 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Everything we were hoping for and more. The Chalet was a home from home, everything we needed for a perfect relaxing break. We took our small dog with us, and she absolutely loved it. The beach was 5 minutes away, we walked along it for 15 minutes or so and into Mablethorpe itself, where dogs are allowed in lots of shops, clubs etc. The cherry on the cake for us was the on site pub/restaurant. Good value for money, excellent food, and most welcoming (especially for the dog!)
Would totally recommend, and will be in touch early next year to book a return visit.

17 Nov 2017
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the chalet, chalet park and Mablethorpe. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing