Colours Guest House
The Grange & Links(Sutton-on-Sea)
US$134
US$95
US$78
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsboating lakelilac roombrown roomwarm and friendly hostson arrivalnothing is too much troublelovely guesthousequeens parkcooked to perfectionevening mealbreakfast was deliciouslovely roomthe ground floorenjoyed our staytwo nightsfantastic locationa lovely stay
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed for the first time for one night with my son. Sue and Paul were so welcoming and really made us feel at home, especially with a lovely "well needed cup of coffee" when we arrived. The Colours was very clean and tidy and very homely yet modern and funky in design.

We stayed in the en-suite room and it had everything we needed with even those "extra" finishing touches with lovely toiletries and biscuits that you would expect to find in the big posh hotels!

When you think things cant get any better we came down for breakfast the following morning and it was a breakfast to die for... so much beautiful home cooked food that filled us up for the whole day. We will certainly be going back again and I have already recommended it to many family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my first stay in a b&b and I have to say I can't see that much of a difference to a hotel accept it's smaller, but the service here is actually better as a more personal and friendly service. I arrived a little earlier then the stated check in time due to my son needing a nap and was being rather grumpy ,but Sue couldn't of been more helpful and friendly and let us have our room earlier. Room was light, airy and spacious and could just see the sea (only just, but still!!) I had the brown room and was just me and my little boy staying in a double room which had a shower ensuite. Breakfast was lovely and Sue was absolutely brilliant with my son, the tables were all 2 seated and my son had asked where his toy could sit and so Sue kindly entertained my son by getting his toy a seat and giving his toy the same breakfast as my son had which was a lovely little touch and my son loved it. The location is fantastic as it's literally a 1 minute walk to the beach and there's a nice play park, boating lake, miniature train track and mini golf right next to the b&b and for the main town it's just a walk down the road! I'd say the one point I would make is a lot of light comes in the room in a morning but aside from that, which isn't a big problem it was a brilliant stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Emmaharvey11
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed in Colours Guest House with a friend for a short break while visiting.We had a very friendly greeting from Sue and Paul who very kindly carried our bags to our room.I stayed in the lilac room which was well maintained with all facilities including tea,coffee and biscuits.Lovely room,comfy bed and very quiet.Close to the sea and the boating lake at the back. On the second night we had the evening meal which was served beautifully and excellent value for money.Mablethorpe is a lovely destination for long or short breaks.I will certainly go to Colours on my next visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Sue

Sue&Paul make you wellcome from the moment you arrive,with a cup of tea or coffee before showing you to your room. rooms are very clean and tea and coffee is provided, the guest house is in an ideal position for the beach and queen's park boating lake. Paul's breakfasts set you up for the day, nothing is to much trouble for them A nice stroll along the front takes you into the centre of mablethorpe, my wife and myself rate this guest house the best one in mablethorpe
WELL WORTH A VISIT.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at Colours with Sue and Paul. This time we stayed in the Lilac Room at the front of the property. Lovely room, comfy bed, great shower and loo, perfect for a short or long stay. Paul's breakfasts are amazing, served with a smile by Sue. We also had an evening meal which again was excellent.

Looking forward to being back in November for a long weekend in wonderful Mablethorpe.

Keith B

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Red and Lilac rooms - both great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple