“Brilliant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Colours Guest House
Ranked #7 of 11 Mablethorpe B&B and Inns
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for the first time this weekend. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable and spotless as is the guest house throughout. It's situated a minutes walk from the beach. Definitely value for money and we won't hesitate in revisiting.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Sleaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our second visit to Colours (the first was also reviewed here) and, although it is more than 18 months since the first time, the experience is still everything one could wish for.

This time we were able to stay for three nights, dinner bed and breakfast, and we really have absolutely no complaints! And the weather was perfect! (So perfect, in fact, that both my wife and I returned from our second day spent walking around the area with faces "tanned" by the sun and wind. So much so, that my wife needed to use After-Sun cream - not something you would normally consider taking on holiday to an English seaside resort in April - but Sue (the joint proprietor) happily loaned her a bottle, again, above and beyond the "norm".

Thank you Sue and Paul for your superb hospitality!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I recently stayed for the first time for one night with my son. Sue and Paul were so welcoming and really made us feel at home, especially with a lovely "well needed cup of coffee" when we arrived. The Colours was very clean and tidy and very homely yet modern and funky in design.

We stayed in the en-suite room and it had everything we needed with even those "extra" finishing touches with lovely toiletries and biscuits that you would expect to find in the big posh hotels!

When you think things cant get any better we came down for breakfast the following morning and it was a breakfast to die for... so much beautiful home cooked food that filled us up for the whole day. We will certainly be going back again and I have already recommended it to many family and friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This was my first stay in a b&b and I have to say I can't see that much of a difference to a hotel accept it's smaller, but the service here is actually better as a more personal and friendly service. I arrived a little earlier then the stated check in time due to my son needing a nap and was being rather grumpy ,but Sue couldn't of been more helpful and friendly and let us have our room earlier. Room was light, airy and spacious and could just see the sea (only just, but still!!) I had the brown room and was just me and my little boy staying in a double room which had a shower ensuite. Breakfast was lovely and Sue was absolutely brilliant with my son, the tables were all 2 seated and my son had asked where his toy could sit and so Sue kindly entertained my son by getting his toy a seat and giving his toy the same breakfast as my son had which was a lovely little touch and my son loved it. The location is fantastic as it's literally a 1 minute walk to the beach and there's a nice play park, boating lake, miniature train track and mini golf right next to the b&b and for the main town it's just a walk down the road! I'd say the one point I would make is a lot of light comes in the room in a morning but aside from that, which isn't a big problem it was a brilliant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Emmaharvey11
wolverhampton
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I recently stayed in Colours Guest House with a friend for a short break while visiting.We had a very friendly greeting from Sue and Paul who very kindly carried our bags to our room.I stayed in the lilac room which was well maintained with all facilities including tea,coffee and biscuits.Lovely room,comfy bed and very quiet.Close to the sea and the boating lake at the back. On the second night we had the evening meal which was served beautifully and excellent value for money.Mablethorpe is a lovely destination for long or short breaks.I will certainly go to Colours on my next visit.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Castle Donington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Sue

Sue&Paul make you wellcome from the moment you arrive,with a cup of tea or coffee before showing you to your room. rooms are very clean and tea and coffee is provided, the guest house is in an ideal position for the beach and queen's park boating lake. Paul's breakfasts set you up for the day, nothing is to much trouble for them A nice stroll along the front takes you into the centre of mablethorpe, my wife and myself rate this guest house the best one in mablethorpe
WELL WORTH A VISIT.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at Colours with Sue and Paul. This time we stayed in the Lilac Room at the front of the property. Lovely room, comfy bed, great shower and loo, perfect for a short or long stay. Paul's breakfasts are amazing, served with a smile by Sue. We also had an evening meal which again was excellent.

Looking forward to being back in November for a long weekend in wonderful Mablethorpe.

Keith B

Room Tip: We have stayed in the Red and Lilac rooms - both great.