“Home from Home”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Ocean Court Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 11 Mablethorpe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The guest house is situated on the edge of town close to Trusville holiday village 5 mins walk to Queens Park 10 mins to town centre.There is car parking at the front of the guest house.I have been staying here since 2008 and I am a consistant return visitor.The guest house has been refurbished and is clean throughout
The owners Chris and Kay.( C and K cars ) are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I stay on a B and B basis and have always been satisfied. The room had TV tea / coffee making facilities and sink. There is a shower room and toilets on the same landing.
Finally a good night's sleep is guaranteed and from my experiences not always the case. Would recommend

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank johnpearl
There are newer reviews for Ocean Court Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We booked a last minute one night stay as family were staying in a different guest house in Mablethorpe, but that guest house was full. This was the only guest house that allowed dogs and had rooms available.
First impressions on the phone weren't great, as I mentioned we had family staying locally, the lady wouldn't book the room until someone had dropped a deposit off (as it was "a bank holiday weekend"). My mum dropped the deposit off and said it seemed fine, a bit tired, but ok. She didn't check the room out.

When we arrived at the B and B it became apparent that I had missed a vital question off when I called to enquire, is the room en-suite? But I assumed that at £70 a room, it would be en-suite. Wrong. The room was tiny. There was a supposedly double bed (I think probably a queen) which was pushed against the wall so you could only get on it on one side, and a unit holding a TV, and a sink. Opposite our room were 2 separate tiny toilets (ladies and gents) and a shower room. Everywhere was very clean. We asked if the bar was open and were told it is open as long as you want it to be. But that day and evening we never saw the owners and the door to the bar remained locked.
The next day, at breakfast, the lady was very friendly and accommodating, and said we were the only guests in the B and B and that they always fill up last as they are out of the town a bit. The breakfast was not great to be honest, one sausage, 2 bacon, one egg, beans and toast. All washed down with dubious tasting tea and warm orange juice.

Main positives: availability, allowing dogs, cleanliness
Main negatives: no ensuite, breakfast poor, bar not open, very poor value for money

Would we go again? in the same situation of a last min deal and everywhere else being full, maybe, but realistically we will plan better and try and get in the Colours guesthouse next time, which my mum said was lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple