“great holiday park” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Corby, United Kingdom
“great holiday park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

very good holiday park ,great for familys the kids will love it ,plenty for them to .do
there is a kids club to keep them happy,and a soft play area for the tots to play.
also there is a lake for fishing,
the park also has a large entertainment centre for the grown ups .
all told great facilities on this site,well worth a visit .

j.robinson

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank john r
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you J.robinson for this wonderful feedback, I am so glad to hear you had such a good stay with us and that we could cater for your holiday needs. We do aim to please and the whole team on park plays a part in delivering a refreshing holiday experience. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future. Kind Regards, Rachael Hughes, Customer Care Golden Sands

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Lovely park visited with my mum and 2 year old for 5 days. Great facilities on site, beautiful pool area and all very secure.
Kids entertainment every night and early morning kids club which was great, the soft play area in the upstairs bar was very clean.
We had paid extra for an upgrade which was well worth it, but the camp is large and I could imagine for some people there would be a bit of a walk to the main building.
In general a really good holiday, all staff were friendly. My only criticism is that there are arcade machine just about everywhere....

Room Tip: If you are unsteady on your feet ask for a caravan near the main building
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicola W
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
This is great to hear and thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed the facilities and were made to feel safe and secure. This is obviously very important, especially for our little ones. I am very pleased to hear your children enjoyed the clubs and entertainment, the Fun Stars do an amazing job and the children love them.
It’s really good to hear you were happy with your allocated caravan and pleased with the upgrade. We do have a large park and it is best to request whether you would like be close to the facilities or not, we do have a lot of guests who prefer to be away from the main area in quieter locations.
I would like to thank you again for taking the time to write your review and that we will be able to welcome you back to park in the future. Kind Regards, Rachael H, Customer Care, Golden Sands.
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Had a good weekend here at the beginning of November. The weather wasn’t great – but we
weren’t expecting much staying in a caravan in Autumn. I found it a bit cold even though our caravan has central heating. We had to leave the heating on at night and the boiler was a noisy one! The caravan was nice and clean though and very well equipped.

We thought the onsite facilities were really good, especially for children. They loved the pool, the “little cubs” activities each morning and the animal characters in the evenings. The only thing is I think they could have done with a little waterslide for toddlers to use who aren’t big enough for the big waterslide – this caused a few problems with our two year old not being able to do the same things as our four year old....

We had a nice walk along the beach at Mablethorpe one day, lots of unusual shells. We also had a trip out to Skegness when we went to Pizza Hut and the other day we just spent on site at the pool etc. We didn’t eat onsite so can’t comment on the food/prices. Overall I think we prefer non-caravan holidays but we still had a nice time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Your review is very much appreciated and I have to thank you for taking the time to write it. I am sorry that you found the caravan to be cold despite the central heating, sadly the insulation in a caravan cannot compare to that of guest houses, hotels and as such and had you reported the boiler to us we would have sent someone round to look at this to see if there was any fault with it, we do apologise for any disturbance.
I am pleased to hear the children loved the pool, which was new this year and has been very popular. It’s so nice to hear that they loved the Little Cubs and evening Character’s, I have passed this to the Entertainment Manager and he does send his thanks and appreciation.
It’s great to hear that you found plenty to do out and about. Should you decide to revisit us in the future; we would love to be able to welcome you back to Mablethorpe and Golden Sands. Kind Regards, Rcahael.H, Customer Care Golden Sands.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Golden Sands in July this year for a fri-mon stay in a deluxe plus it looked like a brand new caravan when we got there couldn't fault it at all v clean and spacious for us and 2 young children. We were v close to the facilities on site too so an ideal spot. Kids loved the swimming pool, fun fair and seaside squad entertainment at night. The pub restaurant on site was very nice as was the pizza place which you can get delivered to your caravan. Plenty to do on site so you don't have to leave the park, we did go into mablethorpe but there wasn't a lot to see and do. The beach is directly opposite the park which is ideal. Would return here again as we had a lovely long weekend.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lmd30
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback which is very much appreciated. I am so glad to hear that you had a great time at Golden Sands. The swimming pool was a brand new facility for 2013 and we have had a lot of positive feedback from this as it has been very popular with owners and guests and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed this.
I have passed your comments onto the Managers of the Restaurant and Papa John’s and they thank you for this and are happy you enjoyed their food. The beach is a huge asset to the park and many people enjoy the fact it is so close. I thank you again for taking the time to write this and hope that we will see you very soon. Kind Regards Rachael.H, Customer Care Golden Sands
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We come here every October for my mums birthday as we enjoy it here!! We love the staff here they are part of your holiday as they are friendly and put a smile on your face! The entertainment is ok they are talented yet we did get a bit bored .The fair is over-priced it is £2:00 per person for the tea cups. The arcade was a bit false because I tried to win a teddy we got it but it dropped as soon as I got near the hole it was stress full for my child. We loved the pool it was big a good tempter and it was really nice. The caravan was lovely we went for a deluxe plus it was a lovely size and was modern. we will be returning see ya next year mablethorpe xx

Room Tip: use a deluxe plus or prestige because the highest
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sophie w
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
I would like to thank you for writing your review regarding your recent stay at Golden Sands and sharing your experiences with our future guests. I am sorry to hear that you think that the fair is over priced, I will certainly pass your comments onto the fairground owner regarding your comments. I do apologise that your child found our arcade machines stressful, It is the nature of any grab machines in any arcade that a prize is never guaranteed. It is great to hear that you will be returning to us here at Golden Sands and we look forward to seeing you next year. Rachel H, Reception Manager. Golden Sands
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Arrived in torrential rain. Able to book in slightly early and were delighted with the FREE upgrade from Deluxe plus to Prestige...and just 12 caravans walk from the complex. Beautiful warm, comfy caravan and no complaints at all about it. Beautiful pool, great temperature and plenty big enough. Sadly the slide wasn't open due to staff shortages. The fair was very overpriced. We felt like 'herded sheep' having to be enclosed in a 'complex area' and having to walk through the very loud arcade area to get anywhere else. We had one meal only at the restaurant....which wasn't too bad, but overpriced and little choice. We ventured into the Live lounge on two occasions - neither time being able to sit anywhere or able to stand the decibels of the sound system and mics...on the last occasion (Halloween) felt physically sick at the smell in there of 'poo' - which I'm reliably told was the smell of the carpets!!! We found the site just a little too far out from Skegness and Cleethorpes, and not enough to do this time of year at Mablethorpe itself. Would I visit again? Probably No...due to the cost of the higher grade vans when not using all the facilities. We will probably book somewhere closer to Skegness

Room Tip: Maple Rise was a good location
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PamTomo
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and I am so pleased that you were delighted with the allocated caravan which you also liked the location of. I am glad you were warm and comfortable during your stay.
The pool was our new state of the art facility for March 2013 and I was really pleased to hear it didn’t disappoint. We take health and safety very seriously here at Golden Sands and if our Sports and Leisure Manager feels he has to take the decision to close the slide due to staffing then he is forced to do so, we do send our apologies this was the case during your visit. I have passed your comments on to the Fairground Manager.
The Complex area has one entrance so that it is a secured area for our owners, guests and team’s safety so no unauthorised person can enter. In the Quayside the menu is a varied one and I am sorry that it did not meet your expectations on this occasion. With the Live Lounge being such a popular venue for our guests the team were supplying extra tables and chairs at guest’s requests. The Live Lounge carpets are cleaned on a regular basis to try to elevate the smell from spilt beverages, dropped food and such, which as I am sure you can appreciate does happen due to the heavy use of the venue and we can only apologise. They are currently undergoing a deep clean.
I thank you once again and we do appreciate valuable feedback from our guests to move forward in the future. Kind Regards, Rachael Hughes, Customer Care Golden Sands
Barkingside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We had 1 problem after another with this site. It took the 3 days to clear a blocked drain meaning we couldn't even shower.
The bed was the worst mattress I have ever slept on and their solution was to sleep on top of duvets.
When I took my kids swimming the bench in the changing room collapsed with my 4 year old still sitting on it as it wasn't secured to the wall.
The live lounge smelt of vomit which I was told was the carpets.

The kids entertainment was great and the staff very friendly.

Would I return???? Not if you paid me

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Nicko1977
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete your feedback regarding your recent stay at Golden Sands. I am in receipt of your email at park and am currently looking into this and will respond back to you as soon as possible. I would like assure you we take all feedback good and bad seriously at park and I thank you for your patience while I investigate so I can give you a detailed response. Kind Regards, Rachael H, Customer Care Golden Sands
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mablethorpe
The Eastleigh
Premier Inn Cleethorpes Hotel
Grange Leisure Park
Grange Leisure Park
#8 of 8 in Mablethorpe

Been to Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!