“Short break turned even Shorter.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Short break turned even Shorter.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went here in August 2013, And I have to say the whole site was flooded with chavs and disrespectful idiots, completely interested in themselves only, parking where they like and driving however they like, treating the muddy semi-submerged grassland around caravans as their own off-road dirt track. The side of our van and the car was covered in tonnes of mud and no one seemed to do anything about it.

Loud screaming kids 24/7, with parents who don't seem to give a crap, coupled with the fact you need an entertainment pass JUST to be able to go in and collect a Pizza or Fish and Chips is beyond retarded - yeah we had them, and used them for nothing other than fetching food.

This park would put you off going to another Caravan Park for good, luckily my faith in Haven and their Parks was restored by our recent visit to Perranporth, which seemed to be the complete opposite coin to Golden Sands.

We ended up leaving 2 days early because we were disgusted with the Park and the current occupants, thankfully we got a refund for those two nights. I think that was more due to having to wait 9 hours for some gas though..

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ItsAdam
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for leaving your review, we take all feedback seriously here at Golden Sands and use it to improve our service in the future. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment as this is not something we would want to happen as it is our intention to deliver an outstanding holiday experience. I am unsure as to any period last August where the ground was like this so I would ask that you contact me on 01507 477871 to discuss this in detail, so I may look into your complaint fully.
Passes are required to enter the Complex and this is a security issue so we can monitor who is in the area and that only guests staying on park are permitted. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at Perranporth and gave Haven the opportunity to restore your faith. I do apologise for any disappointment and look forward to hearing from you to discuss. Kind regards, Rachael H, Customer Care Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

This location is great for young families. We have just had 3 nights at the haven golden sands and really enjoyed the stay. The accommodation was excellent, we upgraded to the deluxe which was well worth the extra. The beach is just across the road from the site and it's a lovely big stretch of clean sand which the kids loved. It also has a great pool on site. The site itself was well looked after, very clean and staff were very friendly throughout. I wouldn't recommend eating in the onsite pub as the good was a real let down and not cheap but staff were great.

Stayed June 2014
GoldenS382, team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. It’s lovely to hear that you were so happy with your caravan. All our accommodation is clean and comfortable but if you want a little bit of added luxury we have plenty of options. It’s so nice to hear that you enjoyed the beach as well, we love it and feel really lucky to be in such a great area. I’m sorry you didn’t like the food, most of our guests love the Quayside so please give us a ring on 01507 477871 if there’s anything you want to discuss. We really look forward to welcoming you back to Goldens Sands in the future and thanks again for the great review. Kind Regards, Gary
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just returned from a Mon - Fri break at Golden Sands, this was out second visit as we enjoyed the site last year so much we decided to go back. We have visited many different Haven sites but prefer this on one by far. It is quieter and smaller than other Havens but there is still loads to do which suited us. The kids absolutely loved it, none stop things for them to do, mine liked to do the activities by day and kids fun star entertainment at night. They enjoyed archery, shooting, climbing wall, high ropes, aqua gliders, pool inflatables, loved the pool party, all the activities made fun by the amazing staff, always polite, helpful and encouraging the kids to have fun, particular thanks to Ali, Jamie, Tom and Gary, they also did water walkers, mini golf, karts and the fair. I have seen people complain about the price of fair but I disagree, I found it totally reasonable, 50p per token and most rides 4 tokens for the little ones. The bungee trampolines only worked out to be £3-50 and these are normally around £5 at fairs so I would say pretty reasonable all round. The pool was lovely, quiet when we visited which was a bonus, outdoor pool open too which my 8 yr old loved. Flume indoor and out that was great. Lifeguards always on duty, very vigilant and do a great job. Just remember if taking a child into main pool they need arm bands or swim ring etc, can't just be held by adult which I think is a good rule. Moving on to the entertainment , wow these guys do not stop, they are extremely energetic and fun from early morning till late at night, I think they deserve a medal, they work hard and ensure the kids have a great time from character shows, party dances, competitions and games and rock and roll bingo. I didn't stay for later entertainment so can't comment on that but there seemed to be varied programme advertised. Well done to the team tho, Dalton, Adam, Sam, Jess, Holly, sorry can't remember all the girls names but you all made my daughters holiday fantastic. The site itself was spotless, staff and greeters employed throughout the site very pleasant and friendly. The arcade was fine, prize shop not great so maybe look at the prizes before your kids want to spend all their pocket money winning tickets but think this is the same on most Haven sites. They could do better though. The restaurant was ok, staff pleasant but food slightly slow even when not busy, although was nice when it arrived. Prices as expected. There is a chip shop and a Papa Johns. The only complaint I have regarding the week was the attitude of the staff at Papa Johns, we ate there twice, pizzas are expensive, staff miserable, rude and unhelpful, this annoyed me. I had purchased a 12 slice pizza along with another, it came in massive box, I asked if they could put it into 2 smaller as we wanted to take in into the entertainment room, they literally pulled faces and said they couldn't, until I asked them what the problem was, they reluctantly eventually obliged. I do not wish to be spending my time on holiday discussing silly things so their attitude annoyed me. They also overcharged me on the first night so be careful. Moving on, on site Spar was fully equipped, I didn't find it too expensive, I would expect it to be slightly more than elsewhere. Free ATM outside the spar. Launderette also if req'd. Our caravan, delux plus was fab, again for a second year was exceptionally clean and I am fussy with cleanliness, looked brand new, everything in full working order, cleaned to exp high standard, no problem at all. We ventured to beach one day, nice enough, only 5-10 min walk from site, took little sand train down the beach which was fun, got the road train bk, just be aware that they are 2 separate trains so don't buy a return on the beach if you are not coming back that way. The guys on the train were lovely, even give all the kids a little toy, fare was only £1 one way too, was great. The town itself doesn't have much, some arcades and bingo mine enjoyed but was nice couple of hours out. All in all another fabulous stay at Golden Sands, well done to all the team. Your professionalism, friendliness and fun attitudes ensured we have an amazing time, thank you!

Room Tip: opt for heated caravan if outside of summer months
2 Thank beach5678
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
What a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to write it. It’s so great to hear that you had such a wonderful time and that you enjoyed all the entertainment. You obviously met a lot of our team members and it’s brilliant that they made such a good impression on you. I am really sorry that you were unhappy with Papa John’s; please call us direct on 01507 477871 because we would love to discuss this with you. We really look forward to seeing you at Golden Sands in the future and thanks again for the comments. Kind regards, Gary
Market Deeping, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Omg what can I say!!! Came here with my boyfriend and 3 daughters ages 10, 6 & 19 months .... my 10 year old was obsessed with the grabbing machine in the arcades, 6 year old loved the fun stars go live & youngest loved the soft play area, such a great place apart from the internet is `` discusting `` can only pick it up in the live lounge, big problem for me with internet banking but got there in the end. Swimming pool was cold but outdoors was fab being heated. Caravan was lovely aswell but beds are so narrow as the comedian `` Noel Brodey `` said lay in like a cold fish finger LOL

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GoldenS382, team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you so much for your comments I am really happy that you and the kids had such a great time at Golden Sands and I am so happy that you chose us for your first holiday together. It’s so nice to hear that you liked the arcade and the Funstars, there’s always something to entertain the whole family. I am so sorry you weren’t satisfied with the internet service and the beds in your van we would love to discuss this with you so please call us direct on 01507 477871. Thank you again for taking the time to write your review and I really hope we will see you again soon. Kind regards, Gary
Kettering UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Have just returned having spent 4 nights at Golden Sands Mablethorpe. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a caravan as usually travel abroad to hotels, but this time my wife and I wanted to take my daughter and 8 month old granddaughter away for a short break without having to travel too far, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and that the Haven site fitted the bill to a T. As other reviewers have said check in was quick and easy by friendly and helpful staff. We soon found the caravan from the directions given and the site map,we were about as far from the entrance as you could get but this was fine as it was lovely and quiet with nice surroundings (my granddaughter loved the rabbits, hares and ducks that came visiting). We had booked a two bed deluxe plus caravan which had heating in the bedrooms and I am so glad we had as even though the weather was good it was a little chilly first thing in the morning. Also even though we had booked a two bedroom van we were given a 3 bedroom van so this was a bonus. The van was very well equipped with every thing in excellent condition as was the caravan itself. We did not use any of the entertainment facilities so cannot comment on them, we did buy a few things from the on site Spar and as others have said very overpriced! As was the fish and chip take away not the best either. Surely if things were more reasonably priced then more people would use these facilities. All in all then a very enjoyable break and would certainly consider returning. Thanks to all at Haven from the welcome from the guy on entry to the guy who came to clean our van as we were leaving wishing us a safe journey home.t

2 Thank DannyKetteringUK
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for this fantastic review it’s really nice to hear that you had such a great time. I’m so happy that loved your caravan and managed to find it quickly. It’s also great to hear that you met some of the local wildlife, we are really lucky to be in such a lovely rural area. We also have plenty of entertainment if you want to use it and if you book direct through us your passes are included in the price. Thanks again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind regards, Gary
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Let me first start by saying, our Son had a wonderful weekend, the problems started in that like us people had learnt that was a price mistake/offer where you could camp for £28 for 7 nights (we did this and only stayed for the weekend)

so we arrive (horrendous journey due to a bad accident in Boston) and we though 'wow' this is nice, only to be told we were at the wrong check in, camping had it's own check in... so off we go and TBH they make it seem like campers are a second class citizen, as you are stuck out at the furthest point they can where nobody sees the campers and it is not a long walk but certainly far enough to feel like you are 'different'

I get it though, they make a fortune by getting the caravan sales, and they probably don't want campers, but still this was not the only problem, we arrived to be told by the security guy he had never known it to be so busy (see earlier comment about price) and it took him 20 mins walking around to try to find us a pitch, and it was not great, the grass was all broken up and very uneven, he said it was the best he could do..

so as I mentioned it was very busy, this took their toll on the toilets, which became unacceptable and on Saturday afternoon the gents flooded and they just closed it off, cue everyone else having to use a small toilet block..

Haven would of known the mass increase in numbers and should of put extra cleaners/staff down at the camping end to cope...

The field was very muddy in places, and we had a big mud hole by out tent which meant every time our son wanted to play football the ball always ended up in the mud..

so great facilities in you stay in one of their Caravans, not great for campers, but can not fault entertainment and the swimming pool was excellent, though very very busy

2 Thank Karl M
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments and I’m so sorry you were disappointed with the touring facilities. We are very popular all year round and we love welcoming campers onto our natural touring meadows, this is a great area of the park where you can really get in touch with nature and enjoy plenty of open spaces. It is really nice to hear that your son enjoyed the entertainment and the swimming pool and I really hope you will consider returning in the future. Please call us direct on 01507 477871 if you want to discuss anything. Kind Regards, Gary
Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend at Golden Sands Mablethorpe - Havens. We really enjoyed ourselves we was delayed getting there as a bad accident in Boston but the staff at Haven could not of done more on our arrival. The reception staff were great i had asked for an upgrade which we got. The caravan was fab - very clean and spacious. Our group (4 adults 1 child) were very comfortable in the 3 bedroom deluxe caravan! The pool was great my son loved the water chutes and the outdoor pool very warm - lovely! The park areas were great. The only thing was the fun fair i thought that was very overpriced for the tokens which was a shame and the activity passes were quite a lot of money.The evening entertainment was great as always enjoyed by my son we loves Rory and his team :). Would definately return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review it’s great to hear that you had such a good time. It’s wonderful news that you liked your caravan and that we could upgrade you. We are always happy to help so if you have any questions please just ask. I am so sorry about the funfair please ring us direct on 01507 477871 and we will discuss this with you. We can’t wait to see you again in the future and thanks again for the lovely comments. Kind regards, Gary
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mablethorpe
The Bell Hotel
The Windmill Hotel
#2 of 3 in Alford
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
Holiday Inn Express Grimsby

Been to Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!