“Lovley place for all BUT!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Came on a visit for the third time fantastic staff very welcoming unfortunatly quite a few minor problems some of the amenaties are in need of updating. My son loves the bowling which unfortunatly kept breaking and took quite a while for it to get repaired.

Now my biggest annoyence of the holiday was the lack of intrest by some of the security staff some of the games in the "arcade" where un manned so the kids ran free jumping on them kicking them to get the coins out.

Reported it to the security there answer was a shrugg of shoulders and "oh well as an answer" . Pretty bad lack of intrest from them to be fair.

Entertainment was great kids loved it the fairground was great not too expensive. Swimming water some what on the cold side in the pool went outside the outdoor pool was 10x warmer than the inside.

Certian parts of the park need little improvement more staff on bars at busy time as they become too busy. Fantastic park other than minor problems will visit again and many more times to come.

Thank you to all of the friendly staff that went that little extra for us in our stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James H
GoldenS382, team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thanks for the review and taking the time to leave it. I am glad to hear the children had a good time and enjoyed the entertainment. I’m sorry about the response from security, which I have spoken to the head of security about so he can speak with his team in view of this. I would like to assure you that they are required to stay on the door of the complex unless safety is an issue which they would have acted upon quickly. The pools are all heated to the required temperature and are checked throughout the day. It’s brilliant to hear that you will be returning and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Golden Sands next time. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just returned home following a fantastic 4 night stay at this park. We stayed in the touring area and found the check in staff so friendly, showing us around the pitches on arrival.

The facilities at this site are lovely with the fun fair and park areas, indoor soft play to name a few, so much for our two year old to do. The indoor and outdoor pool were lovely too really warm and clean.

Overall all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful, and we were really impressed with how lovely this site is, we will defiantly be coming back again, this is one of the best haven sites we have been too.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank MissChips1986
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review. It’s really nice to hear how much you enjoyed the touring meadows and facilities, we love welcoming people onto park and we are always available to help. We aim to provide a fantastic holiday experience and it’s brilliant to hear that we are one your favourite Haven parks. It would be great to see you again in the future and thanks again for the comments. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Booked a week with my wife and soN ON 30/6/14.On ist july around 8pm subjected to loud swEaring from neighbouring caravan.which was continous until 2300hours.having reported the matter to security.nothing was done about it.On 2nd july.loud music and swearing was started up again,. by same people.security came out and spoke to the male.nothing changed,Last night loud music and swearing started again at same time.security did not attend until 2310 hours.music and noise stopped.when security went it started again until 2330 hours.A complaint made by myself the following day.which due to incompetant security staff was not recorded.IF YOU WANT NEIGHBOURS FROM HELL AND INEFFECTIVE SECURITY BOOK HER IT IS THE WORST HAVEN SITE I HAVE EVER USED

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachael H

I am really sorry that you feel this way; our security team are very professional and will deal with situations like this in a way they feel appropriate. I am unaware of this issue being reported at reception during your visit which is a shame because we would have come up with a solution for you. In our terms and conditions we do ask our guests to respect each other with regards to behaviour and if this isn’t followed then it is the case we will remove guests from park. We also ask for any issues to be reported to reception so we can deal with them promptly. I can also assure you that this is a very rare situation and I sincerely apologise. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have been to a few haven holiday parks over the years and unfortunately were disappointed here. We booked the platinum caravan and although we found it to be very clean and the lounge/kitchen area to be quite spacious the shower room and toilet and bedrooms were on the small side. In other caravans that we have been in (the prestige) had an ensuite to the main bedroom and this gave the added toilet and shower facilities which was handy for 4 adults and one child. So to pay the extra for platinum we were disappointed. We found that the park was quite small and facilities dated, compared to other parks. There was a lot of dogs and too our surprise were allowed in the luxury caravans. Walking round the park we were constantly having to tell our 4 year old grandchild to be careful as there was a lot of dog fouling on the grasses that irresponsible owners did not clean up. At one point we did text reception as we watched someone in the caravan opposite allow their dog to foul and did not pick up and whilst in the process of texting witnessed a child walking a dog that fouled over the grass in front of our caravan and the one next door. I have to say the maintenance team came out quickly and picked up for us but as we said to him he shouldn't have to do it and he informed us that the situation is getting worse. The food in the Quayside was very good and we did not have a bad meal the carvery on Sunday was lovely. There is a fairground on site where you purchase tokens for the rides this is very good and the people who run the fairground were lovely to our grandson. There is a small adventure playground that is free and is ok with swings and slides. Mablethorpe itself is quite a busy town with a lot of arcades but again I feel needs a makeover. The staff on the complex work very hard and are very pleasant and willing to come to your beck and call and nothing is of too much trouble. The staff are the saving grace of the park. We feel we will not return to this particular park unless it has a modernisation. Next to the park is Mablethorpe seal sanctuary, this is a must see place. You can spend an enjoyable hour watching not just rescued seals but monkeys, owls etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jimhilary
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your comments. It’s really great to hear that you liked the restaurant and the food. At Golden Sands we aim to treat everyone like family and its fantastic news that the team made you feel so welcome. We have a lot of different makes and model of caravan at Golden Sands so this means we have a lot of different layouts in our accommodation. If there is something specific that you would like to make your holiday more enjoyable please just ring us a few days before you arrive and we will do everything possible to provide it for you. I am really sorry you found the facilities dated, we have just had the pool refurbished and the entertainment complex is redecorated every year. We are a dog friendly park but we do ask dog owners to respect the park, also we do not allow dogs into the public indoor areas or any grade of caravan that is not a Standard or Standard Plus. We would love to see you again at Golden Sands and I really hope you will think about coming back. Kind Regards, Gary

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Starting with the positives:
The Haven resort was very clean, tidy and well looked after. We were given a free upgrade when we checked in (not sure why, but very nice) which meant that we were given a caravan with a microwave and free linen, although to be fair it would have been nice to have known in advance to save packing bedding (but that's a picky moan). The caravan was very clean and tidy also. The prices on site were probably about average as to what you would expect on a holiday site with lager being £3.40 a pint and coke £2.35. The meals at the Quayside restaurant were on average £9 to £10 each. We went in the first week of July and to be honest it was quieter than we expected although in the evening the club house was almost full.
The area of Mablethorpe is quite small. The site is in walking distance from the sea and from the town centre but you get the feeling that the area is more suited to the older holidaymaker. The prices in the town are pretty good though, I cant remember how long ago it was that I could by a 99 ice cream (with flake!) for 80p!!
The main downside to the holiday for me was the waiting times on the haven site. I understand that maybe because it was a bit quieter in the season they have to cut back a bit on staff but most of the time in the Quayside restaurant there was only one person serving behind the bar, literally every time we went in there was a queue at least 4 people deep....my partner also walked into the ladies toilets to find a female member of staff sobbing and being comforted by the cleaner after having a fall out with her boss...not very professional to say the least. Then there was the fairground. You would find 2 or 3 members of staff all huddled around one ride having a good chat but no one on the ride which you wanted to take your child on which meant you had to go chasing after staff to attend to you, this happened several times. But the worst example of customer service for us was going to the fish bar to order supper and despite being literally the only ones there waiting over fifteen minutes to get food. In the end we got a refund. No questions asked about why we wanted it so I'm guessing this is probably the norm on this site. The guy behind the counter really was in his own world.
So in all it was a 'ok' kind of holiday. Most people go here and have no problems at all, and it really is a nice looking site. But my own personal peeve is being made to wait for unnecessarily long amounts of time which is what marked the holiday down for me.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the Lime caravans as they are on the edge of the site and a bit of a walk to the facili...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin H

It’s lovely to hear that you enjoyed your caravan and that we were able to give you a complimentary upgrade. I am really sorry about the waiting times; we do try to get the right amount of team members in the right areas at all times. If we haven’t got it quite right we will get more team in and we ask our guests to report any problems to reception so we can get them fixed quickly. We really hope you will consider returning in the future and if you want to discuss anything please call us direct on 01507 477871. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

As far as caravan holidays go our stay Golden Sands was really enjoyable.

We took our son (23 months old) during school term time so there were mainly elderly or pre school people around.

Staff were smiling and happy to help.

Entertainment was spot on - the presenters were full of energy and the kiddies show at 6pm was excellent.

Facilities are above expectations, the grounds are impressively kept, there is a modern Spar shop, a free to withdraw cash machine, a decent park and on site adventure play, the swimming baths are clean and modern. The arcade was decent and literally everything was above what I expecting.

On site food was a tad pricey but was decent enough to eat. Papa John's pizza was nice I'd recommend there.

Overall the stay was good because it wasn't too busy nor were there all the usual 'chavs' that come when school kids are off? Really good facilities for a caravan site and would seriously consider coming again once we've tried some other sites out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bodseh
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Wonderful to hear, thank you so much and I’m really pleased you had such a good time. Thank you for your lovely comments which I will share with the team. The whole team at Haven work really hard to deliver a fantastic holiday experience to our guests. I look forward to be being able to welcome you back to Golden Sands in the near future. Kind regards, Rachael H, Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Well, I'm struggling with this one. Had high hopes and the site looked good online.
Check in was fab, quick and polite staff...
Our caravan still had a cleaner in it... But she left within 5 mins if us arriving at 2:10pm.
Stepped into the van, instantly disappointed. Paid for a Prestige so was expecting something nice.
The caravan was filthy. I mean really dirty, grubby and smelly.
You could actually see the two strokes of a dirty mop the cleaner had just " tickled" the lounge floor with...
There was sand and grit all under our feet on the laminate, and crisps under the table.
Sat down to eat fish n chips to find the table sticky and smelly. It was obvious the surfaces had been wiped with a smelly cloth.
I dread to think... So the first thing I found myself doing at Golden Sands was going to the Spar to buy bleach, dettol and cloths...
Once it was clean it was fine, just a shame I had to clean it.
The park itself is ok. Not great, not awful, just ok.
Everywhere is tired and needs a revamp or a really good clean.
The Live Lounge positively stinks. Sorry but it does. Instantly upon entering there's a stale beer/ wet dog type of smell, it's there all day and all night, I was there 4 days, it smelt bad each day.
Haven really do need to shut it down and get the carpets and upholstery cleaned... It would make a world of difference.
Our kids enjoyed the fun stars entertainment, they always do, but I must say the entertainers vocabulary wasn't exactly charming. It's hard to enjoy your dinner when the man on stage is doing impressions of vomiting and talking about " drinking sick"...
Just not very pleasant really.
Am far from a snob, we are a working class family, we usually go to Haven holidays in Norfolk, but just thought we would try somewhere else.
The Norfolk parks are much cleaner throughout.
And before the owner response is to say " sorry to hear this please call me to discuss"... I won't be doing that, I already decided not to complain about the filthy caravan, while we were there because the only response could be to move us to a different caravan... But my concern was that the cleaner with the same low standards may have " cleaned" the next one too... And frankly, better the devil you know, and I knew that our van had been properly cleaned ( by myself)
On the whole it was a big disappointment.
The kids had a good time which is all that matters really, but us adults, did not.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank rachg80
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thanks so much for your comments. I really wish you had let us know, we would never expect a customer to clean the van themselves. We would have been able to rectify this in no time if you’d have contacted us, yes as you say we could have moved you, but we would have given you the choice and a cleaning supervisor could have come and re cleaned the van, while we got you a drink or similar. Of course we would like to discuss this with you, we’re not perfect by any means but we have come a long way in recent years, and that is partly due to following up on every single complaint and comment and feeding that back to the team, this way we know who has cleaned the van and although it certainly doesn’t rectify it for your experience it does mean we can ensure we continue to move forward. I can’t apologise enough for your experience, I really wish you had let us know. I’ll certainly feedback your comments to our central team regarding our entertainment – this is not specific to our park, all parks have the same shows / scripts etc. We always value your thoughts on this and we will certainly feed this back. I’m really sorry that you found the park in general and in particular the live lounge to feel unclean, we do have regular cleaning programmes for carpets and upholstery in place and we’ll certainly relook at all areas with fresh scrutiny. I’m sorry we didn’t get it right for your visit, but I thank you for taking the time to feedback your experience. Kind regards Rachael H, Customer Care Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mablethorpe
Southview Park Hotel - Park Resorts
#2 of 3 in Alford
Grange Leisure Park
Grange Leisure Park
#5 of 12 in Mablethorpe

Been to Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!