“Been coming here for years. I love it here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mablethorpe
Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

First off I have to say that we have been coming here for years and we love it here. I have to say I was a little disappointed that the galleon show bar was not open as it seemed this was a busy week but we didn't let that ruin our holiday.
The check in process was easy, the gentleman (I later found out he was called Andy) that checked us in was very informative and friendly, he even had a joke with as we had a little chat about how long we had been coming here. It turns out he has been coming on holiday here for almost 28 years now. Anyway once we found our caravan we found it a little cramped but suitable for our needs. Once we got settled we went to the live lounge and settled in for the night, it was a nice surprise to find Andy working behind the bar too and he was just as fun and friendly as he was several hours earlier. He was glass collecting that night and often stopped to talk to us which I found to be really nice. It was really nice to staff making an effort to get to know their customers.
Over the next few days we explored the site and found that as always it is well kept, neat and tidy. All the staff here are very friendly and will bend over backwards to help anyone.
We did visit the on site restaurant which we found to be slightly over priced but the food was good. The service was a little slow but that was down to it been really busy.
A couple of times we were walking around and spotted Andy who always stopped to have a chat with us and find out how our visit was going. Even when we wasn't working he was always willing to help us out if we needed. He is a real asset to your team. We will be visiting again the same time next year with the hopes that our experience will be the same if not better. We also hope to see Andy again next year, he has made a friend this year and I would like to say a massive thank you to home for all of his help and the effort he puts into his work. Keep up the good work.

2  Thank Jhollands92
GoldenS382, Manager at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi there, thank you for your lovely comments with regards the park, team and especially Andy, who I have shown this to and he does thank you. It’s great to hear you had such a good holiday and it appears you took some happy holiday memories home with you, which is always something we aim to do at Golden Sands. The Galleon bar is only open during peak. Really do hope to see you again next year. Thank you again and kind regards, Rachael H, Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week with our 2 children in a platinum caravan. After staying in a standard caravan at another haven park, we felt the upgrade was well worth the money as the caravan was huge, with ensuite from a really spacious main room, patio doors which led onto a small patio. The caravan was carpeted with a nice thick carpet throughout (compared to sticky lino in the last standard one).

The site itself was nice and clean, especially the swimming complex. The outdoor pool was lovely and warm and again was spotless. Its only a 5 min walk from a beautiful golden beach which seemed so quiet and peaceful :)

The entertainment was good although on one night we didnt get there til after 7.30, there was not enough seats or tables for everyone so we had to stand to see the show while my daughter sat with the other kids in front of the stage. It was for keith harris and orville though which was really really good so didnt mind to much :)

Overall we had a lovely holiday and much preferred it to craig tara in scotland.

1  Thank lbjackson

Thank you so much taking the time to leave your review. I am glad to hear you had such a great time and that your caravan was suitable to your needs. The grounds team work really hard to maintain our park and it’s good to hear you think so too. I am glad you enjoyed the swimming complex and we are very lucky to have this along with the beach which is just a stone’s throw away.
I am sorry to hear you couldn’t get a seat but Keith Harris and Orville were obviously very popular that evening, I am happy to hear you did enjoy it though. Thank you for your lovely comments and I really would love to welcome you back to Golden Sands in the near future. Kind regards, Rachael H, Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've just come back from a week at Golden Sands in Mablethorpe. The only thing I can say is that I'm glad I got it on an early booking half price offer because if I'd paid £750 I would have come home the first day. I choose Mablethorpe because I love the place I chose Golden Sands because I took my parents with us and my dad is blind and I thought a larger site would cater better for him. I should have known better when trying to book the holiday it took me 20 minutes to convince the person on the phone that they couldn't charge me £40 for a Guide Dog. We got the keys 45 minutes early, which was good, we then spent the next hour cleaning the caravan. The next day we decided to take my son to play pool, the table took his £1 but didn't work. When I found an, obviously overworked, member of staff I was told to tell the machine repair man when I saw him! My Dad tried to go for a drink on his own with his dog but the paths along the main road through the site have no curbs, this means that with a dog or white stick he couldn't tell if he was walking in the road or not. Once he made it to the club all the doors have handles on both sides so he couldn't tell if it was push or pull. This may sound minor but for someone with no sight it is important. We thought a site owned by a large company would take this into account. Needless to say he didn't go out on his own for the rest of the holiday. My last complaint, sorry if I have gone on, was the day before we were due to leave my mum wanted a hot chocolate. The first one was made with cold milk, it then took 15 minutes and 3 staff to get a hot one! One the plus side I have never come across more interested, patient and attentative staff when I was looking to buy a caravan............don't think I will be buying one on this site now.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Sally M
GoldenS382, team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am really sorry about your experience in the arcade and the restaurant and we will do everything we can to make sure these situations don’t happen again. I am also really sorry about your accommodation, we are happy to give you your keys if you arrive a bit early but we should have explained that your accommodation wouldn't be ready until your check in time. We do try and make everywhere on park accessible and that tends to be centered around mobility issues but we genuinely want everyone to have a great time here. We would love to discuss this with you further so please call us direct on 01507 477871 and thank you again for your feedback. Kind Regards, Gary

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Been to golden sands 5 times love it. It gets better every year. Funstars work very hard staff are all helpful park it lovely and clean with plenty to do.only downside is the prices in the camp shop and clubs

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We love to hear fantastic reviews like yours and it’s great to hear that you keep returning. The Funstars are really friendly and love entertaining everyone and the park really is a very clean and safe place to stay. I’m sorry you don’t agree with the prices on park, if there’s anything you want to discuss please ring us direct on 01507 477871. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have just arrived home from a 4 night stay here and we loved every minute of it! We booked last minute through the website and got a brilliant deal. Our caravan was spotless and was close to all the amenities. Our 6 month old daughter enjoyed all the character shows and the Funstars were extremely professional. The shows were fantastic and reflected all the hard work they put into them. One of the best Entertainment teams we have ever seen! Well done. Despite the torrential rain on Thursday and the outside of our caravan becoming a pond, the holiday was brilliant. Swimming pool was lovely and clean and the outdoor pool is an added bonus. Food was great, and all staff were friendly.
Thank you Haven Golden Sands.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jenni M

What a fantastic review thank you so much. It’s brilliant to hear that you had such a great time at Golden Sands and it’s fantastic news that your daughter enjoyed herself too. The Funstars will be thrilled to hear that you loved their shows and the sports and leisure team will be really pleased that you liked the swimming pools. Our restaurant team work really hard to provide everyone with fantastic meals and they will also be really pleased that you enjoyed yourself. We really look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for the lovely comments. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Came on a visit for the third time fantastic staff very welcoming unfortunatly quite a few minor problems some of the amenaties are in need of updating. My son loves the bowling which unfortunatly kept breaking and took quite a while for it to get repaired.

Now my biggest annoyence of the holiday was the lack of intrest by some of the security staff some of the games in the "arcade" where un manned so the kids ran free jumping on them kicking them to get the coins out.

Reported it to the security there answer was a shrugg of shoulders and "oh well as an answer" . Pretty bad lack of intrest from them to be fair.

Entertainment was great kids loved it the fairground was great not too expensive. Swimming water some what on the cold side in the pool went outside the outdoor pool was 10x warmer than the inside.

Certian parts of the park need little improvement more staff on bars at busy time as they become too busy. Fantastic park other than minor problems will visit again and many more times to come.

Thank you to all of the friendly staff that went that little extra for us in our stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James H

Thanks for the review and taking the time to leave it. I am glad to hear the children had a good time and enjoyed the entertainment. I’m sorry about the response from security, which I have spoken to the head of security about so he can speak with his team in view of this. I would like to assure you that they are required to stay on the door of the complex unless safety is an issue which they would have acted upon quickly. The pools are all heated to the required temperature and are checked throughout the day. It’s brilliant to hear that you will be returning and we can’t wait to welcome you back to Golden Sands next time. Kind regards, Gary

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just returned home following a fantastic 4 night stay at this park. We stayed in the touring area and found the check in staff so friendly, showing us around the pitches on arrival.

The facilities at this site are lovely with the fun fair and park areas, indoor soft play to name a few, so much for our two year old to do. The indoor and outdoor pool were lovely too really warm and clean.

Overall all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful, and we were really impressed with how lovely this site is, we will defiantly be coming back again, this is one of the best haven sites we have been too.

3  Thank MissChips1986
GoldenS382, Team at Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review. It’s really nice to hear how much you enjoyed the touring meadows and facilities, we love welcoming people onto park and we are always available to help. We aim to provide a fantastic holiday experience and it’s brilliant to hear that we are one your favourite Haven parks. It would be great to see you again in the future and thanks again for the comments. Kind regards, Gary

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mablethorpe
The Bell Hotel
Grange Leisure Park
Grange Leisure Park
#6 of 12 in Mablethorpe
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and Bed & Breakfast
Meals Farm Holiday Cottages and ...
#3 of 4 in North Somercotes

Been to Golden Sands Holiday Park - Haven? Share your experiences!