“5 star dining! A must.”
Review of Highgate Bistro - CLOSED

Highgate Bistro
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“5 star dining! A must.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We enjoy our weekend visits to the coast and discovered this little gem. Bank holiday weekend and the staff were happy to find us a table on a incredibly busy night, and I can understand why. We decided to share a Highgate platter, with succulent chicken wings and mixed roasted vegetables. So tasty and the portion would be ideal for 4, not 2. The main comprising of the most tender fillet steak and with home made chips, saute potatoes and beautifully presented colourful fresh vegetables. Wow, this is five star dining with local produce and a certificate displayed in the restaurant stating which local farm the meat had been sourced.

The management were so welcoming and staff of the highest quality and so friendly too. The restaurant is beautiful, full of atmosphere, comfortable and secluded. This place thinks of everything, the little touches that make it a unique restaurant.

This is my first review and I feel I cannot give Highgate Bistro enough praise. i felt i had to write as unfortunately we had to witness a table take advantage of the restaurant on a bank holiday try and get a free meal and threatened to use TripAdvisor. My wife and I, and tables next to us, were appaulled at the behavior and totally disagreed with the complainers. Well done at the professionalism of the management, especially when there credit card was declined!

If you are looking for affordable tasty locally sourced food in ambiance, you will get all this and more at Highgate Bistro. Thank you Highgate Bistro, look forward to seeing you in the next couple of weeks.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank James L

sheffield
“Terrible Service and Attrocious Food”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My visit to this establishment can only be described as a shambles. 40 minutes wait for a "sharing" platter that would rate as stingy by anyone's opinion, to add insult to injury I think the single chicken wing per person had been over microwaved and was impossible to eat.
Another 40 minutes wait for the main course and this is where the shambles really began. Mains arrived without the sides , 15 minutes after they had arrived the staff finally decided that we would require the chips, Veg and Potatoes to go with them. No apology no level of any concern as to the level of service we were receiving. The wine that should have arrived as part of the main course never materialised. By this point I had, had enough. I paid the £90 bill for incomplete microwaved meals.

If you like cliquey restaurants where the opinion of the management is that they are doing you a favour by allowing you into there establishment , then this may be for you.

Personally I like good food in a nice restaurant so this definitely was not for me.

No personality, abysmal food and no atmosphere. This restaurant thinks it is far better than it is!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank monkeynesssheff
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent, as always.”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We eat here regularly. The full range of food is on offer from Two for £10 , Steak Night Specials and full a la carte menu. We have tried them all and especially like the fillet steak from the a la carte.

It is a most pleasant venue with good service. The restaurant is very well appointed, probably the best in the area.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank FLOra4887845342
“Thanks”
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Thanks for all your support over the years

Great place

Top guy is Robert

I wish you all the best

Richard Borthwick

1 Thank RichardANDdogs
Leicester, United Kingdom
“"THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR POOR SERVICE"”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My visit to this restaurant started so good. Nice friendly welcome, showed to a nice table, food and drinks ordered, that is when it started to go downhill. The young girl brought the drinks to our table then proceeded to ask my guests to identify to her which lager had the lime in it ? I do not think it appropriate to drink out of each others glass. The food arrived, we had all ordered fillet steak with vegetables and two separate sauces, not a steak knife in sight. We where asked if we would like them and my reply was, " it would be handy " A good five or six minutes past before the girl returned, with 2 steak knifes and there was three of us eating steak, how dumb can one be? The girl came back with the last steak knife 1 minute later, by this time our food was nearly cold. It was such a pity about the service as the food was excellent, the steak was fantastic and cooked to perfection. After we had all finished eating our main course the time ticked on, and on and on. 20 minutes after we had finished i got up and asked for the plates to be removed. At no time where we asked if we would like another drink. We had had enough. I asked for the bill, paid and we left. On inspecting the receipt a few minutes after leaving i noticed that i had been charged for 3 sauces and not 2. I was not surprised. Good service costs nothing, but means everything, to me.

• Visited November 2012