“Best night we spent on the West coast ”

Chalets @ Terraced Gardens
Ranked #5 of 24 Motueka B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago
“Best night we spent on the West coast ”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Booked here last minute after scrubbing our camping plans due to rain. Simply phenomenal! We loved everything about this place. For the price it was incredible. Kim is super nice and the chalet was well decorated and quite cozy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim052, Owner at Chalets @ Terraced Gardens, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for staying with us. We are delighted that our weather has returned to its usual spring sunshine and hope that you are enjoying the same on the rest of your trip to New Zealand.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Fantastic quiet rural location within easy reach of Abel Tasman national park and Motueka. The chalet was very well equipped and thoughtfully laid out with every convenience, including free unlimited wifi. A very comfortable base. Kim and John were the perfect hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. This place is great value. Quite honestly we couldn't believe our good luck.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, England
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our chalet in the mountains. lovely owner, very clean modern chalet with full cooking facilities and close to the centre. it was a great base to explore the nearby attractions. loved it!!

• Stayed September 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We found Chalets @ Terraced Gardens to be very clean, extremely comfortable and very well equipped for the self catered traveler. The surrounding area is beautiful and an excellent location for exploring Abel Tasman. Kim the owner was incredibly helpful and friendly and our only regret was that we only booked 2 nights here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Spent 3 nights there and is was well worth the money. Very friendly and helpful owners. We bought some of their home made tomato chutney and it was delicious. As it is a bit outside Riwaka you would need a car to get there, but those who are looking for a quiet place to stay it's perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Our chalet was clean, comfortable and spacious with a nice closet and drawers. The setting was marvelous, deck wonderful and kitchen had all needed necessities. Kim, the owner, was gracious, resourceful and saved our day from a rained out disaster by finding wonderful activities for us nearby. She even did our laundry. I can not disagree with the previous reviewer enough. We wished we could have stayed longer and our sheets were just fine. And I am a fussy world traveler.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Aligold
Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Spent 3 nights here, wanted to leave after 15 mins. Dirty floor (pubic hairs) when I wiped the floor with a damp paper towel it was filthy, fridge handle was disgusting, half empty milk left in it. Horrible cheap rough sheets, we had to go buy pillows because I wasn't sleeping on those. No luggage rack, no space to keep hard case luggage open even if I wanted to leave it open in there. Fridge kept me up when I finally had enough to drink the second night to forget where I was sleeping. Pro: Quiet, Good BBQ area and Good Shower Pressure. Big disappointment. A good cleaning and better linens would bring this place up a notch.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SPF04
Kim052, Owner at Chalets @ Terraced Gardens, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
When I take each guest, personally, to the chalets to show them the facilities I make sure to tell them to come to see me if there is anything else they need or any problems, so I am at a loss to understand why you did not approach me once in three days even though we live on site and are cleaning every day. My husband and I clean the chalets thoroughly after each guest, including vacuuming and mopping, and I double check everything but we could certainly would have re-cleaned the room immediately if only you had told me instead of waiting to write a review.
I have just recently bought several sets of new sheets (250 thread count) but could have easily replaced them, again, if I had known, and also will discontinue their use in case any other guest might find them uncomfortable. The chalets are the maximum size allowable by our local council, and have accommodated four people, at 35sqm they are certainly larger than most hotels and motels. We have opted to have a wardrobe rather than a luggage rack and a full sized sofa and side table for comfort, although there is certainly still room for an open case.
Again I am sorry that you were dissappointed with your stay and can only wish that I had been given the opportunity to make everything perfect for you when you were here.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Motueka
Equestrian Lodge Motel
#3 of 4 in Motueka
Split Apple Lodge
Split Apple Lodge
#2 of 7 in Kaiteriteri

Been to Chalets @ Terraced Gardens? Share your experiences!