“Friendly place”
Review of Riwaka Hotel

Riwaka Hotel
Ranked #19 of 48 Restaurants in Motueka
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

They let us park for free our camper van at the side of the hotel for the night. There was a good selection of beers which we sampled. It seemed a watering hole for the locals. We ordered a portion of chips to have in the van. Plenty for two and very tasty. The landlady was very pleasant and helpful

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed 10 December 2016

went for a quiet drink and some bar food. Barman tried to charge me more for the food than was stated on the menu. When I pointed this out he said the price has gone up.I told him, legally he could not charge me more than what was on the menu. Nice going dude, your lost further potential business form a local.

Date of visit: January 2016
3  Thank GayeC73
Reviewed 6 May 2016

I spent 2 hours trying to contact the hotel by phone on Friday night. I left two messages, eventually they answered the phone, I asked it they had a room for Saturday night and was told NO. I said I had tried for two hours phoning them and was told I must have had the wrong number. It was the same number I was talking to them on ( I used redial) I was also told I was 'rude' .. after I mentioned they had a problem with the phones there. I'll never bother attempting to book there again. Don't go there, the manager is arrogant.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank Graham S
Reviewed 17 March 2016

We ate in what is a very basic bar area which was quite busy. There was a dining area beyond that but we would have been the only people in there so we chose not to sit there. First of all, the young man who took our order was extremely polite and friendly. The menu was small and not fancy but the steak that I chose was cooked to perfection and well priced. If we had been in the area for longer, I would have eaten there again.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 28 January 2016

They had been advertising "Burger and Brew" for $10 when we had driven past earlier on but we went on the Sunday and apparently the offer is only for Tuesdays and Thursday. However 6 of us really enjoyed the meals. 4 had steak with 2 eggs and one had a fish and chip meal (fish being gurnard). The fish meal had the option of small or large and the small version was two good size battered fillets. The sixth diner had a beef salad which she said was tasty and very filling. The steak meals were a very reasonable $22. The gin was a pricey $10 but don't know the prices of the other drinks. Was very quiet for a Sunday night but we went at 5.30 and left 7.30 so it could have got busier. We weren't asked if we wanted desert but we all had ample anyway and I don't think there was a big desert selection.

Date of visit: January 2016