“So much FUNNN!!!”

U Fly Heli Trial Flights
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take control and fly a helicopter! With an experienced instructor by your side, you can learn how to fly a helicopter with a trial flight in a dual control helicopter. Based at Motueka Airport, in the stunning Tasman region of New Zealand, you can fly over mountains, seas and beaches including the incredible Abel Tasman national park. Flights range from 20 minutes to a full hour's instruction - or more, if you get the bug! Call or email us now to find out more.
Motueka, New Zealand
“So much FUNNN!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Last week I got a cool birthday present - got to fly a helicopter. I love flying in general and really wanted to try this and it was even more fun then I expected :)
Ross (the instructor) gave me a safety briefing, explained everything I needed to know about how the helicopter works and how to control it. The flight itself took more than 30 minutes, we flew along the coastline and above Abel Tasman. It was so great to try to fly the thing myself! I was a bit tense at the beginning but managed to relax after a while which really made a difference when trying to hover. You also get to try landing, take off and forward flight and the instructor is always there to get you out of trouble :) It´s just amazing, go and do it!
Thanx Ross, it was such a great afternoon!

Visited May 2014

“Best views of Abel Tasman National Park”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Wow. This was so much fun! I learned how to hover and fly a helicopter and the views of Abel Tasman National Park were stunning. A+

Visited March 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Amazing helicopter flight”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had a great time flying the helicopter. It was amazing to see how it works and to try and fly by myself. We had dual controls, once we were in the air i was aloud to try and fly the helicopter. It was interesting to learn how sensitive the helicopter reacts to every little movement.
I had a spectacular view of the Abel Tasman Coast and we raced along the beach. And in the end i even got to try to hover a little with the helicopter. The time went by so fast but it was a wonderful experience and i would definitly do it again and recommed it to everybody.

Visited May 2014
Motueka, New Zealand
“Awesome helicopter experience!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I got to fly a helicopter and even manage to hover it with U Fly Heli. Steve the instructor who took me for the flight was amazing. I got a full safety briefing beforehand and felt very comfortable that we had dual controls in case I got into trouble.
We flew over the Abel Tasman National Park which was so beautiful even though I wasn't really looking at the scenery! We also did low flying and finished off with my learning to hover.
It was such a great thing to do I would really recommend it.

Visited March 2014