Fontelunga Hotel & Villas
Hotel L'Imperatrice(Foiano Della Chiana)(Great Value!)
US$92
Hotel Forum(Foiano Della Chiana)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$99
Agoda.com
I Girasoli(Lucignano)(Great Value!)
US$70
La Bandita Country Hotel(Bettolle)(Great Value!)
US$114
Hotel Santorotto(Sinalunga)
US$96
US$93
Hotels.com
Hotel la Toscanina(Foiano Della Chiana)
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Agoda.com
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdinner partyother guestshonesty barour honeymoonat homeolive grovesperfect hostsfriday nightboutique hotelstayed longerowners and stafffurther afieldpollogorgeous poollocal areaspent nightsboiled eggs
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at Villa Fontelunga for a few days this month and although the weather was mixed we had a wonderful time. Paolo, Philip and Sergio were fantastic hosts and the villa really feels more like a home than a hotel. The first night we were the only guests and Paolo had booked us a restaurant for the evening. When we returned from dinner we found the music playing in the lovely living/dining room and lots of candles lit inside and outside, just for us. You can help yourself to a drink from the well-stocked honesty bar and have a relaxing evening. There is a folder with lots of great suggestions for trips, always accompanied by some thoughtful restaurant recommendations. We would certainly come back, hopefully next time in better weather so that we can also use the pool in the lovely grounds.

Room Tip: First floor rooms with lovely garden and countryside views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
VillaFontelunga, Owner at Fontelunga Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hello Ulrike and Joachin , Happy Easter and thank you for the review .
Happy to hear that you liked "your" candle lit evening at Fontelunga !
Hope to see you back soon ,

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Reading all the positive comments we arrived with high expectations, but our stay surpassed all of these.
Our view is - this is an absolute gem. The hosts, Paolo and Philip and their staff are wonderful; attentive without being intrusive, and nothing was too much.
My husband is a road bike fanatic, and they sourced him a really good road bike to rent.
The food would be worthy in our humble opinion of one of those shiny Michelin stars.... They gave us lots of really good recommendations for local restaurants and for things to do, but shame on me ( not my energetic partner) I just enjoyed relaxing...
Our room was well - I can't use too many superlatives without sounding ridiculous. Let's just say, as Arnie does, that, "we'll ( not I'll) be back"

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moira68kent

Hello Moira and Justin ! Thank you , thank you , thank you for the review .
i m so Happy that you had a lovely time at Fontelunga and that the bike for Justin was what he was looking for . Now i know where to go to rent professional bikes !
Happy Easter and see you soon back in Tuscany , you for total relaxing and Justin for some more biking in the Tuscan hills

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here - we were the only guests at their opening of the summer season. The villa is beautiful, Sergio and Roberta were lovely hosts, the decor is a great mix of modern and ancient and the breakfast was beautifully laid out (even when it was just us in the whole villa). They even gave us great restaurant recommendations in the area. I echo some of the other comments in saying that we felt more like weekend guests at someone's home than paying customers. A lovely place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VillaFontelunga, Owner at Fontelunga Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello Thomas and Tina , thank you for your review! I m sorry that Philip and myself were not here to welcoming you at Fontelunga but I see that Roberta and Sergio did an excellent job in looking after you . you opened the 2014 season here in Tuscany , Thank you for choosing Fontelunga again !
All the best ,

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Albeit slightly remote, it's well worth the trip to experience this wonderful Tuscan manor with stunning views and wonderful staff. The entire grounds are beautifully kept, communal lunches, tennis court and swimming pool.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
VillaFontelunga, Owner at Fontelunga Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

thak you very much for taking the time to write the review , i really appreciate it .
i m pleased that you think our staff is wonderful and that you had a lovely stay ! come back and see us again soon .
All the best Paolo

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My experience at Fontelunga was very personal and I felt like a welcomed guest in this villa rather than a stranger . I have some food sensitivities and Paolo and the other staff members went out of their way to accommodate me and find solutions so I had a great experience. The room as well as the rest of the villa is warmly decorated and my views of the country side lovely. As a solo traveller I was assisted with dinner reservations and winery tours and daily activities all of which we're exceptional experiences. I would return and have already recommended to others Fontelunga as a place to stay and explore beautiful Tuscany.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank suerella
VillaFontelunga, Owner at Fontelunga Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Hello Susan , greetings from now a cold and foggy Tuscany . The 2013 season is now over and we look forward for our winter break in the sun .
I m very happy that you had a good time with us at Fontelunga and we hope to see you soon back in Tuscany for some more exploring and relaxing time .
All the best