We booked this through Secret Escapes and the villa was a great base for our four night stay. We had a larger room with a kitchenette, with separate living and sleeping areas. The villa is in a very quiet spot but easy to get to and near the A1 which takes you to all of the hotspots. We didn't go into the pool but sat and read by it and had a pizza one night in the garden. It was lovely and quite and beautiful.
The breakfast was good - plenty of cereals, fruit, pastries, bread, meat, cheese etc
We had a good massage there but I wish it could have been done in a quieter area - like our room maybe. There wasn't the usual plinky plonky music (which is fine) so all I could hear throughout was staff having a chat outside the door in reception and the noise of breakfast being cleared up. The kitchenette could have been better stocked, with glasses and whatnot without having to ask, but overall it was very good. We didn't have a balcony and I'd have really liked one - perhaps it could stipulate when booking whether or not your room has one. I'd have paid a bit more for one. We saw an enormous quadruple sized balcony at the front of the villa so were a bit gutted not to have one especially as we paid more for a suite.
On the last day we had a puncture on our hire car and the staff were so lovely and helpful. They called a mechanic for us and we made our flight!
Overall very good for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Tuscany, along the wine road which leads to Arezzo, in perfect harmony with the surrounding countryside of vineyards, olive groves, ancient hamlets and churches, Villa La Grotta is a typical Tuscan manor house dated late-700, perfectly restored and opened to welcome guests, who wish to taste the genuine hospitality of our territory. Its strategic position allows daily escapes to Siena, Arezzo, Florence and numerous other minor towns of cultural interest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa La Grotta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Grotta Hotel San Giustino Valdarno
- Villa La Grotta Italy/Tuscany