“Good rooms and restraunt” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rukmini Residency

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Udupi
Rukmini Residency
Ranked #5 of 18 Udupi B&B and Inns
udaipur
“Good rooms and restraunt”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

I travelled to udupi to visit my son who is studying in MIT manipal.I took an auto from the railway station till the hotel.The fare was Rs 80/- and it is a 15 minutes commute.
The hotel is located near krishna temple.It has a good restraunt and while I was there a special Kabab festival was held.The kababs were delicious and not too expensieve.They are located very near to Krishna Temple and also to the city. Since I travelled by car, I am not aware of the distance to bus stand / railway station.

I was impressed that they have very good rooms at reasonable price, i stayed in a deluxe room whose cost was Rs 830/- per day.

The AC rooms have temperature control,although the AC wasnt working in my room ,I had to shift all my stuff to another room,in which the staff helped.

The staff is very courteous and room service is good.

Overall, I found it an extremely good hotel and value for money

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Monroe, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for 3 nights. I took a non-A/C room as I expected the weather to be pleasant, but it turned out to be very warm. The room was reasonably spacious, all items reasonably working. The staff were really very courteous and one of them "Nagaraj" really impressed me with his big hearty smile and enthusiasm to help. The food from the white card menu was not that great. But there is a fabulous restaurant "Sai Parivar" on second floor. This hotel is centrally located, close to the bus stand and about 1 km to the famous Krishna Temple. There is a Tour company, " Karnataka Tours " in the same building, very courteous, reliable and reasonable rates, for taxis and other transportation.

• Liked — Location, service
  • Disliked — Bugs and flies at night
  • Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stayed at Rukmani Residency in Udupi in May 2009. They are located very near to Krishna Temple and also to the city. Since I travelled by car, I am not aware of the distance to bus stand / railway station.

Since I am from Bangalore , I was impressed that they have very good rooms at reasonable price, possibly because Udupi is not a major business / tourist attraction.

The AC rooms have temperature control, which we don't get in hotels at this price range.

The staff is very courteous and room service is excellent. When I came back from beach at night, we also carried sand into the room. Since it was night, they did not have people for room service available. In spite of that, they arranged other staff to clean my room. This was really impressive.

Restaurant is also very good. I really liked all the dishes that we had there. The only point to note is that the restaurant bill should be paid separately and cannot be attached to the hotel. The breakfast items were very tasty. Only point to note is that the quantity of food is very less. So you may need to 2- 3 dishes for each person.

Overall, I found it an extremely good hotel and value for money.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family